Looking to Dive OBX the week of Sept 18-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubble blower:
So has the approaching hurricane already spoiled the coastal diving for this week-end? Are the triangle wrecks dive-able.
I'm drying out....need water. May have to hit Rolesville for an emergency "get wet" session.

jason

Hi Jason,

I'll be out at the quarry tomorrow around lunch and afternoon. If you'll be out there look for the champagne colored Mazda MPV mini-van with Gypsy diving sticker, that's mine. If you don't have a buddy you can dive with us.

Mel

Hey Mel,

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. It would be nice to dive with a fellow scuba board member. I got my OW through Gypsy Divers back in 89.

jason

I was so close :06:
We arrived in Hatteras as planned on Friday, Sept 17th, just an awesome day, fabulous sun set lovely weather, stayed in Buxton for a night and woke up to unbelievable winds thanks to the remains of Hurricane Ivan. Mind you sitting on the beach watching the Eastern Surfing Association's Final Contest I managed to lose ten years thanks to the dermabrasion effects of sand blasting :wink:

We moved to share a Beach house in Avon for the rest of the week, 2 days later the winds abatted and the sun shone brightly but the waves were still quite something (great for the Surf contest)...
Wednesday I headed north to the Outer Banks Dive shop, and signed the waiver... thrilled at the thought of diving U-85 the next day... but the dive was called because of expected 6 foot swell... OK well there was always the next day??? Nope 7 foot swells... even the shore dives were out of the question.

We headed north on Saturday, determined to be back again next year! All in all a great Holiday, wonderful people, great beaches... but no diving.

Thanks to all the great suggestions and help.

Chris Red:
I was so close :06:
We arrived in Hatteras as planned on Friday, Sept 17th, just an awesome day, fabulous sun set lovely weather, stayed in Buxton for a night and woke up to unbelievable winds thanks to the remains of Hurricane Ivan. Mind you sitting on the beach watching the Eastern Surfing Association's Final Contest I managed to lose ten years thanks to the dermabrasion effects of sand blasting :wink:

We moved to share a Beach house in Avon for the rest of the week, 2 days later the winds abatted and the sun shone brightly but the waves were still quite something (great for the Surf contest)...
Wednesday I headed north to the Outer Banks Dive shop, and signed the waiver... thrilled at the thought of diving U-85 the next day... but the dive was called because of expected 6 foot swell... OK well there was always the next day??? Nope 7 foot swells... even the shore dives were out of the question.

We headed north on Saturday, determined to be back again next year! All in all a great Holiday, wonderful people, great beaches... but no diving.

Thanks to all the great suggestions and help.

Hi Chris,

I hate that you didn't get to dive while in NC. I hope you still enjoyed your visit. OBX is a beautiful place to stay. Well, now you'll just have to visit again! Next time you're down this way let me know and by then I should be able to do the wrecks with ya.

Mel

suthnbelle:
Hi Chris,

I hate that you didn't get to dive while in NC. I hope you still enjoyed your visit. OBX is a beautiful place to stay. Well, now you'll just have to visit again! Next time you're down this way let me know and by then I should be able to do the wrecks with ya.

Mel

Thanks Mel!
It certainly was a beautiful place... you can bet I'll be back next year! Looking forward to it.
Meanwhile if you find yourself heading north... never know.... it could happen - drop me a line and I'll be glad to show you a few fresh water wrecks.

Go with http://www.obxdive.com/ and the man to talk to is Bill McDermott. The boat is the Go-Between. Shore dive are setup through the shop as well @ 252-449-8349 Chip or Bill W. are the ones to take you out.

I will be down the weekend of the 23rd Oct. The shop has it all. Nitrox, Mix, gear (DiveRite) + others.

Any other questions just ask....

Rob F. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom