Looking to dive Laguna Beach Saturday 2/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCscuba949

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys. It looks like it may finally be a good weekend to dive, and I would love to get out on Saturday. I am looking for a person or a group to dive Laguna with. Is anyone from SOCDC meeting this Saturday? I was certified in the fall and have not dove since then, so I am hoping there is someone out there who does not mind diving with a newbie.

Hey there! I'm positive SOCDC will be diving on Sat. Just show up at Laguna Hills Mall (by Kings Fish restaurant and In-n-Out) and you'll see a whole group of divers standin' around. They leave at 7:45 AM sharp. Liburdi's (in Costa Mesa) has a new dive club "Camptown Divers" that will also be meeting at Liburdi's at 7:30 AM, if Costa Mesa is closer to ya.

I'm a newbie too... so I can speak from my experience with SOCDC. I was warmly welcomed, told all about the group, etc. They are happy to help us newbies and will wait for you. They descend as a group.

I'm hoping to catch the Sunday dive, as Sat. is no good for me.

Have fun!!

OCscuba949:
Hi guys. It looks like it may finally be a good weekend to dive, and I would love to get out on Saturday. I am looking for a person or a group to dive Laguna with. Is anyone from SOCDC meeting this Saturday? I was certified in the fall and have not dove since then, so I am hoping there is someone out there who does not mind diving with a newbie.

The SCD (South Coast Divers) are the ones that meet at the Laguna Hills Mall, as Lexy said. Rich is in Truk, but I know Louis will be there, and I am fairly certain a 1/2 dozen or more will be, too. If :wink: I wake up, I'll be there. I got a new wetsuit and hooded vest I need to work my weighting down for the boat trip on Sunday. :scubadive:

For the record, SCD is free and welcomes everybody, while encouraging everybody to join (at least one) dive club(s). SOCDC is one of the many clubs that is touted, and many SCD divers do belong to it (myself included). While they seem to be the same, they're not. We, the SOCDC, also welcomes anybody and would love to see any interested scubaboarder to join us at our club meeting next Wednesday, at Fuddrucker's on El Toro Blvd., in Lake Forest. Jason, the sales rep for Sherwood, Genesis, and Akona will be speaking.

PMs don't seem to be working now, so you can email me at Laurel@southcoastdivers.com for more info... Happy diving and welcome to the group!

Cress street turned in a 5-8 foot vis with only 1 to 2 foot surf and an easy entry.

I am looking to dive someplace this weekend. Saturday is complicated with a conference call on Saturday 9-10 a.m. for Army stuff, and a showing of a house I have for rent at 4:00 p.m.

Sunday is looking good, but would llike to make church.

Saturday night could work too.

Pasley,

I also have a meeting on Sat. 7 am - 9m. Then I would have to commute from the Antelope Valley. I could meet you somewhere about 12:30 for a couple dives. Also since I rent my gear I would love to take advantage of some Sunday diving if you would like. The only places I have experience beach diving is Redondo, Corral Beach, and Big Rock, however, I would be up for anywhere you think a 16+ dives diver would be ok at.

EDIT: Sorry Something just came up... no diving for me this weekend. :(

Thanks,
Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom