Looking to "Dive" back in.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim R Alcoser JR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Alright^^^. How many times has that been used on this forum? I'm too scared to search...

But short story long, I started diving in 2010 in college. Got certified at the now defunct Sports Chalet and joined the now defunct Southern California Dive Club of the Inland Empire...where we met at the now defunct Fuddruckers. Life got busy. Last dive was February 2013...

I'm looking to get back into diving, but I've been gone so long now, not exactly sure where to begin in Socal.

I'm looking to:
A. Do a refresher course.
B. Join a Dive Club.
C. Recommendations on a good dive shop for rentals and air refills.
(Bonus if the dive Shop can do all three above).

I live in San Bernardino County. I can travel for dives if course, but would certainly prefer a club closer to home for dive meetings if I'm not headed to the ocean.

Thanks a lot folks!

California Diving News maintains a list of dive clubs, with a half dozen in the inland empire: Dive Clubs | California Diving News

Yelp isn't the worst resource for finding dive shops; just use it as a directory and take the reviews with a grain of salt. I know there are a few shops in/near San Bernardino, and I'm sure they all offer refresher courses, rentals, and air fills. What you might want to go out of your way for is a shop that does Nitrox fills, preferably from a bank so you don't need an O2 clean tank. Living as far from the ocean as you do, you'll probably get the most bang for your buck doing multiple dives per day, and Nitrox will really help with that. It's a quick and easy cert if you don't have it already, and it'll be a good refresher on the thinky concepts you learned in OW but might have forgotten.

Good luck and welcome back!

California Diving News maintains a list of dive clubs, with a half dozen in the inland empire: Dive Clubs | California Diving News

Yelp isn't the worst resource for finding dive shops; just use it as a directory and take the reviews with a grain of salt. I know there are a few shops in/near San Bernardino, and I'm sure they all offer refresher courses, rentals, and air fills. What you might want to go out of your way for is a shop that does Nitrox fills, preferably from a bank so you don't need an O2 clean tank. Living as far from the ocean as you do, you'll probably get the most bang for your buck doing multiple dives per day, and Nitrox will really help with that. It's a quick and easy cert if you don't have it already, and it'll be a good refresher on the thinky concepts you learned in OW but might have forgotten.

Good luck and welcome back!
Thank you. Fantastic resource. I found a club I'm interested in. 🤙

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom