Looking into First Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with WOODMAN your "wants" say to do either the Solmar or Nautlius Explorer liveaboard out of Cabo San Lucas.

Both Carribean and the Pacific have good stuff, but you'll see more big stuff in the Pacific. The Solmar is supposed to see some awesome stuff. If you want the whole exotic experience with tropical islands and natives, do Fiji or the Solomons... My experience was the big stuff in the Pacific was in Palau. If you have a money tree, then you can go for the big money: Papua New Guinea, but I suggest a closer destination that you're sure to make for this first liveaboard.

Give you a tip: if the wife loves diving warm water, your memories will last longer if you go with her. If you have to describe every experience, it just stays in your head, whereas, if you both go, you're both bubbling for months.

A side benefit is then you don't have five years of hearing about how much you paid for your trip and gear.

And be prepared to go "only liveaboards" from then on.

One problem is that usually warm water and "big stuff" don't mix.

Big stuff is generally where the cold water is.

Give you a tip: if the wife loves diving warm water, your memories will last longer if you go with her. If you have to describe every experience, it just stays in your head, whereas, if you both go, you're both bubbling for months.

A side benefit is then you don't have five years of hearing about how much you paid for your trip and gear.

HA HA, yeah my wife doesnt swim let alone dive. She is really not a big fan of the water which is why I dont have 100 dives by now. If she did I am sure I would be diving every weekend. And I will still hear about the $$ anyways no matter what. I should be going with my best friend who actually got me into diving. So a romantic destination or accomodations are NOT needed. LOL

But really I am getting great info here. I am glad I posted this thread. I saw pictures of the Blue Hole (above water only) and it looks soooo awesome. This is what drove me to want to dive the BH and steer my trip that direction. One of the other things I want to do is have either pics of vid of me diving with a Giant Mantas which from what I understand are usually found on the PAC ocean. So I just started looking at those options as well.

You guys and gals ROCK!! thanks again, keep em coming

<<romantic destination or accomodations are NOT needed>>

Oh no, man, we're DIVING!! Diving or preparing to dive is all we've got to do.

One more tip: go for longer. You're hitting your stride when the week's up.

Back
Top Bottom