Looking into a September Scuba Honeymoon - suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madscene

New
Reaction score
Hi,

My fiancee and myself are both certified and have wanted to go scuba diving together since we met. She's never been diving outside of her cert classes, and I've been once to the Caymans 5 years ago, so we are pretty green. Our wedding is 9/23/06 and we would love to do a scuba honeymoon. We were thinking of Bonaire because it's outside the hurricane belt. Does anyone have any suggestions for Bonaire, or other destinations to consider? We were leaning toward Harbour Village because it looks really nice, but were wondering what other people's experiences were. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Ooh, Little Palm Island. I saw a feature on that on the Travel Channel - looks like an amazing place for a honeymoon. No phones, no kids, private cabanas... pricey though.

I liked Bonaire, but I wouldn't go there on my honeymoon - It's not very romantic. It's a very dive-centric place, no good beaches. What about Turks & Caicos or St Lucia?

If you want to avoid the hurricane belt I think Costa Rica is pretty safe.

Or you can avoid it for sure and go to Hawaii :)

My wife and I got married last Sept. 24 and went to Fiji on our honeymoon. great time, great diving, and perfect weather. We stayed on Matamanoa Island, what a blast!! Congrats, have fun, and good luck.

When my wife and I married, we went to G.C. We found it very accomodating for newlyweds as well as new divers (I'd been diving a while, my wife was newly certified). Rent a car. There are/were plenty of romantic restaurants up and down
Seven Mile Beach. The Wharf impressed us most on that trip. Diving is easy. You can dive shallow. You can dive deep. There's little to no current.

Now, having said that, if we were to do it over, my wife would chose T&C. She
fell in love with The Sands on Provo, Hemmingways, and the beautiful white
beaches.
On that trip, diving wasn't as good as the Caymans but it was still enjoyable.
(You two can sit for hours under the cabanas watching for Jojo.
Getting around the island is a little harder, but with the Gecko and Taxi service
we were never want for transportation.

L.C. and Brac are wonderful for diving. Save those for when you two really
want to concentrate on diving. This first trip is for more than just diving. Enjoy
yourselves first.

Nothing wrong with Bonaire (if you're focused on diving)

We did our honeymoon in bonaire last year at the plaza resort. We are going back next year again the only reason we didn't go this year is because we had some free airline tickets to use to hawaii, otherwise we would be back in bonaire. The diving is incredible.

just a thought, my instructors did that underwater motel in florida can dive endlessly, pretty conservative shallow diving, not sure of price etc. if you are interested they have a website at scubaexperiences.com you could email and ask

Hmm, I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but I didn't get any email about all these replies... I'll read through them and post my thoughts tonight from home. Thanks for a ll the feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom