Looking For....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heartland

Reaction score
Hey gang.
This may have been posted here somewhere before, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I'm looking to get into the sport of Scuba Diving, and have found some training sites in my area of the Midwest.
What I really need is a starter camera to use for underwater shots.
I run a wildlife and outdoors site that is geared toward photography and conservation education, and would love to share some great photos of our underwater world.
(Of course I'll be posting them here as well)

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

:wink:

Heartland:
Hey gang.
This may have been posted here somewhere before, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I'm looking to get into the sport of Scuba Diving, and have found some training sites in my area of the Midwest.
What I really need is a starter camera to use for underwater shots.
I run a wildlife and outdoors site that is geared toward photography and conservation education, and would love to share some great photos of our underwater world.
(Of course I'll be posting them here as well)

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

:wink:

Welcome! If you're anything like most of us once you start scuba you'll never get enough!

For camera suggestions/ideas check out the thread at the top of this board "Questions about buying your first camera? Read this.... " by Dee - it is actually a compilation (beginning of one anyway) of what real users think of various systems.

Have fun and I look forward to your first images!

I would recommend that you are comfortable underwater before you start getting into a camera. Having a camera underwater is a huge distraction, and until you are very comfortable with your diving, taking a picture can cause something else to go wrong. Once you can maintain your bouyancy you'll get better pictures as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom