Looking for underwater art

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stillhope

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any divers making underwater art in the Pacific Northwest?
Sculpting underwater, painting underwater, sketching underwater, or even writing poetry underwater? Carving pumpkins underwater maybe?

I'd like to include more art on my monthly TV show, SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest. If you make underwater art, or make art underwater, or know of someone who does, let me know and let's discuss how we can get it on the air!

For any of you who haven't seen announcements about my show, SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest is a monthly half-hour show currently airing on nine pubic access TV stations in the region, from Ashland, OR to Port Townsend, WA. More stations are in the works.

The purpose of SEA-Inside:pNW is to introduce people in this coastal region to their underwater neighbors. Going beyond the usual format for nature shows, SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest mixes art and music with science and stunning underwater video to offer a view of underwater life from many perspectives.

The key to this show is that it is made up of contributions from the diving community: a broadcast mini-film/photo/art festival, if you will. You can learn more about the show, and see an 88 second video trailer of the show at:

http://SEA-Inside.org

Just watch any diver with a lot of experience dive. That's art enough for me.

I'll be sure to check that out, thanks.

FYI, I featured work by Jan K. in "SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest" Eposides 5 & 6 and a video about Simon Morris and his work in Episode 7 -- just to let you know that I DO listen to these suggestions, and I appreciate them very much!

I live in the PNW, make art and scuba dive. My focus is welded metal sculptures. I am 20 years old and studying sculpture at Montana State University and will be transferring to Central WA University in the fall. I haven't done too many marine/scuba pieces since I only got hooked on scuba in June. But I have a sketchbook full of ideas to combine both my passions nature/scuba and art. I would really like to create an underwater sculpture park/artificial reef somewhere in the Puget Sound. I don't have a website, but I am in the process of building one.

Briston Trapp

Briston,
I'll look forward to seeing some of your sculptures underwater.

I'd recommend a lot of diving at Edmonds Underwater park to see what sorts of things actually work underwater in the long-run. Lots of stuff in the park is very artistic, whether it was intended or not.

Volunteer to help Bruce Higgins underwater on Saturday mornings. He's a wealth of information, and you'll get hands-on experience with some of the real-world engineering and construction considerations -- as well as an earfull about the political ins-and-outs of placing things underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom