Looking for training in Baton Rouge, LA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most large colleges(like LSU) will have SCUBA classes - alot of times they will go through a local shop if they don't have thier own instructors. You could probably get in touch with the school and find something out.

I know there are shops there in Baton Rouge, I met a few of the instructors briefly at Morrison Springs in FL. I can't remember their names nor the name of the shop they worked from...

... and 1000 posts!

Try Seven Seas, they are right off I-10 and Bluebonnet. They have been around for a long time.

For anyone who reads this later. I found 3 shops in BR Seven Seas, Underwater Adventures and LA Scuba Center. I am going to go to each place and have a chat with the instructors before I make my decision. I will try to post back my results on this board.

After chatting with Mark Smith I am going with Underwater Adventures. I talked to the other shops in town and I was just more impressed and feel safer going with UA. I will post after the training to let you know how it goes.

I'm assuming the training you're looking for is going to be your OW training, in which case - welcome to SCUBA :)

Maybe we'll see you around some of our local areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom