Looking for the usual paradise near Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all...a registered member for just 10 minutes so i thought i'd try a question to all you friendly folks.

My wife and I are looking to spend 4/5 days at a good dive spot in the second week of November. Somewhere within a few hours flying time of Singapore is our range. Sites we've already considered are Sangalaki, Pulau Weh, Phu Quoc ( Vietnam) and Manado.

We were lucky enough to do Sipadan 10 years ago. Turtle orgies, hoardes of white tips, the Chevron Barracuda tornado etc etc so....if you think there's still a paradise like that in our distance range, let us know.

...and, if anyone recognises the name Mengalum, drop us a line.

Rob (West Ham)

Hi Rob,

Would recommend Manado if u into macro...I've been there a couple of times & dive with Eco divers. Easy & relaxing trip as it's only abt 3 hrs flight from Singapore.

Heard Pulau Weh is good also, but haven't check out that place yet...we're planning a trip there in Dec. But u need to travel a bit more to get to the island. From Singapore u fly to Medan, then connect to Bandah Acheh by another domestic flight, followed by the ferry to Pulau Weh...Sounds like a lot of travelling for just a 4-5 days trip to me...

Rob,
you could also venture up to the Similans or down to the Philippines. It'll be the right time of year.

As regards Pulua Mengalum it's off the coast of Kota Kinabalu but I don't know if there are any dive operations on it. Sources in KK may be able to give you a more accurate answer about who dives there

Cheers

I agree with orangeBloke - the Similans would be a good place (and cheap). But if you want paradise, it's hard to beat Komodo/Rinca.

A good option would be the Bunaken Marine Park at Manado. A three hour flight and a forty-five minute drive would get you to the resort. Most of the diving will be resort-based.

Just a quick word to say thanks to all you guys who helped my wife and I with the decision of where to go diving near Singapore. When we've made the final choice , I'll let you know...and we'll even put up a quick report for the cause.

Cheers

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom