Looking for suggestion for divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gouravk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi
I am very new to diving , i did my open dive certification last november , I am thinking on doing DMT as a way to acquire new skill and learn new thing.
I am also looking to do it so i can stay in a place for over a month and just chill for awhile.Which is the best place to do it,considering prices (I am on a budget),people and fun place to be in.

Hi
I am very new to diving , i did my open dive certification last november , I am thinking on doing DMT as a way to acquire new skill and learn new thing.
I am also looking to do it so i can stay in a place for over a month and just chill for awhile.Which is the best place to do it,considering prices (I am on a budget),people and fun place to be in.
I have no idea where you are located, my guess is Kathmandu is probably not it

If you are in North America, I would suggest Roatan. I just priced out a stay there and if you're not looking for 4-star accommodations, Native Divers will rent a room for $35 and discount their dives to $35. So for a two dive day, you're looking at a little over $100.

Man, that place sounds amazing! Tried searching for it. Is it Native Sons?

I have no idea where you are located, my guess is Kathmandu is probably not it

If you are in North America, I would suggest Roatan. I just priced out a stay there and if you're not looking for 4-star accommodations, Native Divers will rent a room for $35 and discount their dives to $35. So for a two dive day, you're looking at a little over $100.
I am currenlty in Kathmandu , Nepal
I am looking to do DMT it in SE Asia

Man, that place sounds amazing! Tried searching for it. Is it Native Sons?
Sorry, Native Sons

There are lots of courses you can take that will expand you dive skills significantly, and they will cost less than a DM course. The DM course spends a lot of time teaching you instructional skills and things that have not so much to do with diving itself. If you do get a DM certification, it is not so easy to get a job leading dives. Lots of those people have gone beyond DM and are instructors. That gives the operator the option of using them to either lead dives or instruct as needed.

There are lots of courses you can take that will expand you dive skills significantly, and they will cost less than a DM course. The DM course spends a lot of time teaching you instructional skills and things that have not so much to do with diving itself. If you do get a DM certification, it is not so easy to get a job leading dives. Lots of those people have gone beyond DM and are instructors. That gives the operator the option of using them to either lead dives or instruct as needed.
Yeah what he says. The only thing the DM course really does for your diving is polish up your 24 skills to demonstration level, which as a diver you don't need. As well, 24 dives IMO is not near enough experience (think you need 60 to start the course). I've read posts (one recently) where the idea was to get a lot of diving in really cheaply. But being a DMT is not doing "fun" dives. My suggestion is to get in a lot of cheap local diving if you can, which may be difficult in your locale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom