Looking for South Florida Tech Dive Centers for Normoxic Trimix and Prerequisite Certifications - November Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clem_bonna

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon Scubaboard community,

I am looking for technical dive centers in South Florida (Miami to West Palm Beach preferred, but I am willing to expand my search).

I am coming around the 20th of November for about 10 days to a few weeks (still unclear). I live in a place that doesn't offer technical diving courses, and I would like to take advantage of this trip to complete some certifications to move toward the level of "Normoxic Trimix (70 meters / 229 feet) or equivalent depending on the diving agency.

I don't have any preference regarding the agency and here's a bit about my diving background :

• PADI Divemaster/DSD leader with previous divemaster experience.
  • Nitrox certified.
  • 60-meter/197-foot air diver (3-star diver from FFESSM/CMAS).
  • 50-meter/164-foot commercial air diver (Certificat d'Aptitude à l'Hyperbarie Classe 2 mention B : CAH 2B) with training in using 100% O2 for Deco.
  • Currently operating in Saint-Martin (French West Indies) as a research diver.
  • 350+ logged dives overall since 2012.
I’d greatly appreciate any recommendations or guidance regarding dive centers or instructors who can help me achieve my goal during my trip.

Thank you in advance!

Good afternoon Scubaboard community,

I am looking for technical dive centers in South Florida (Miami to West Palm Beach preferred, but I am willing to expand my search).

I am coming around the 20th of November for about 10 days to a few weeks (still unclear). I live in a place that doesn't offer technical diving courses, and I would like to take advantage of this trip to complete some certifications to move toward the level of "Normoxic Trimix (70 meters / 229 feet) or equivalent depending on the diving agency.

I don't have any preference regarding the agency and here's a bit about my diving background :

• PADI Divemaster/DSD leader with previous divemaster experience.
  • Nitrox certified.
  • 60-meter/197-foot air diver (3-star diver from FFESSM/CMAS).
  • 50-meter/164-foot commercial air diver (Certificat d'Aptitude à l'Hyperbarie Classe 2 mention B : CAH 2B) with training in using 100% O2 for Deco.
  • Currently operating in Saint-Martin (French West Indies) as a research diver.
  • 350+ logged dives overall since 2012.
I’d greatly appreciate any recommendations or guidance regarding dive centers or instructors who can help me achieve my goal during my trip.

Thank you in advance!
Haven't you already asked this question?

Haven't you already asked this question?
I asked for the fastest path to Trimix Normoxic on the Tech Forum. Someone has recommended me to post on the Florida forum as well.

Hence this post in which I am asking for recommandations for technical diving centers in a restricted area around Miami-Dade and Broward county.

The content of both posts are very similar but the questions are different

Contact Justin Newton at Pura Vida in WPB. If you are willing to go further north there is Philippe Yersin at Deep Six / EASE in Vero Beach. He ends up going out of West Palm Beach as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom