Looking for someone to dive Dutch Springs,PA on May 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Todd,

I'm interested, but I would be looking to have a skills-refreshing, new-equipment-tuning type day (which could be irritating unless you want the same).

What are you intending?

Mark.

Hi Mark,

That is exactly what I am looking to do. I have a new drysuit, and a few other goodies that I want to play with, as well as doing a few refresher drills.

If you're still interested, send me a private message and we'll talk more.

Todd

I'm going up on May 5 to do my skill refreshing/ new equipment adjusting with my dive buddy and Girl Friend. I'm not sure I could get away and dive on the 11th too, since I am doing my wreck class dives on the 18th, but hey, why not. I've go a new drysuit that I want to get comfortable with before heading out in the ocean. Let me know if you are going and maybe we can all hook up.

Ty

Todd

I'm using Aquatech in Maple Shade, NJ. They're a Naui shop and I've done most of my training there. They're good people.

Ty

How was the water level at Dutch? I'd heard it was down about 10 ft. But with all the recent rain, has it come up a bit? How was the viz? Need to head up there quite soon to play with some new equipment.

gfe

Water level was still down quite a bit. Probably still 10 feet. New platforms have been installed on both sides. Real nice setup, you basically walk onto the wide metal platforms which slope down a little to about waist deep water. You put your fins on and step off the platform. Water temp is 48 degrees. Vis excellent at about 20 - 30 feet. When you heading up?

I'm definitely heading up 6/8-9 weekend, and hopefully before then. It's tough during this time of year, with all the kids' activities. Might have to play hookie one day... Easy for me -- I'm only an hour south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom