Looking for some one on the Scuba Board Please read. Ty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some posts were removed, as they were less than welcoming to this new member who should be made to feel welcome to post his question regardless of his spelling faux pas.

The spelling police should lighten up. ScubaBoard encourages people from all over the world to use the site, and many people may or may not have mastery of the English language, even if English is their native language.

So please... let's keep this discussion ON TOPIC, rather than a discussion of proper spelling and/or grammar.

Yeah, you're right. I've never criticized spelling before despite all the times I felt like it. This one was just too much. I guess my response was really toward all of the new misuses of the language--such as no apostrophies, poor conjugations, and especially "i" instead of "I". I probably just mispelled something right now. But geez, sometimes when I read posts I just shake my head. Maybe too much texting is one raison things have declined.....

I dont want to waist anyones time but id like to talk to some one that is on the board for the scuba board. I live in Texas so the closer the better. I really apreatioate this site. What my reasion for wanting to talk to you is because i have invented a safety device that i would like get some Profeshional in put on. Thank you.

Eye donut no watt ewe shud dew...butt eye witch ewe much suck cess!

Ok looks like I missed the spelling lessons, but did the dude ever say what he invented? :idk:

Ok looks like I missed the spelling lessons, but did the dude ever say what he invented? :idk:

A pill that eliminates the possibility of DCS by compressing all the built-up nitrogen in your system into one giant fart. It's called "Nitrofartnodecompressionsicknitor"

Side-Effects:
Hearing loss
Blindness
Anal Bleeding
Sleep-Diving
Suicide
DCS

Yeah, you're right. I've never criticized spelling before despite all the times I felt like it. This one was just too much. I guess my response was really toward all of the new misuses of the language--such as no apostrophies, poor conjugations, and especially "i" instead of "I". I probably just mispelled something right now. But geez, sometimes when I read posts I just shake my head. Maybe too much texting is one raison things have declined.....

Reason.
(Unless you're throwing a little Franglais into the mix.:wink:)

Sorry...couldn't resist it.:eyebrow:

A pill that eliminates the possibility of DCS
Done already:

euNOrHWyY--BSNPly6qAs4eSk6F0FVQ_hkfW0X2fYBP7PIp9bBOIb_q_--e4-W3iX6VgydXGa5JBXR2kF0Z6wQ7oOMsBJW0mXpH_OdcsnRmUP7iLDP6IkW3wE66oBl2PW041hWuCCAl3Y2Do4B9CbAY

To the OP and the board guides

I would like to sincerely apologise for any misreading of my post - it was following on from an earlier thread which may not have been read by others. It was meant tongue-in-cheek but you kinda had to read the other one to "get" it - I also appreciate that my rather straight british humour does not always come across in type. It was certainly not intended as a flame.

I am still very curious to know what the invention was.

Kind regards,

Crowley

Some posts were removed, as they were less than welcoming to this new member who should be made to feel welcome to post his question regardless of his spelling faux pas.

The spelling police should lighten up. ScubaBoard encourages people from all over the world to use the site, and many people may or may not have mastery of the English language, even if English is their native language.

So please... let's keep this discussion ON TOPIC, rather than a discussion of proper spelling and/or grammar.

Reason.
(Unless you're throwing a little Franglais into the mix.:wink:)

Sorry...couldn't resist it.:eyebrow:

I spelt it raison on purpose...

Unless he did it through PM, he has not. He has not, in fact, posted a thing since he came here and asked for help. I don't blame him, and it would not surprise me if he never posted again.

The thread was originally posted in one of the new diver forums that is supposed to be a green zone, a place where new divers can come and ask questions, any questions at all, without fear of ridicule. He asked a question and was immediately blasted for his spelling difficulties. Even after the worst posts were removed, later posters continued to mock him with deliberate misspellings.

In my career as an English teacher, I had a number of students with genuine learning disabilities who simply were incapable of spelling. I know there are scoffers who will talk about laziness, but I assure you there are people for whom the letters are simply jumbled for them when they try to read or write.

Some of them are extremely intelligent people. In one case, a student enrolled in an online program at the 12th grade level in a chaotic beginning of the year scenario. He quickly distinguished himself at the top of his 12th grade English class--until his IEP came in revealing he both read and wrote at a 2nd grade level. Investigation revealed that he was able to read the challenging material in the class using a screen reading software program, and he was able to write his excellent essays through a screen writing program. When the material was read to him, he could understand college-level material with ease. When he spoke into a microphone, he could create college-level essays with ease. However, he could not look at a page of written material and make sense of it, and he could not write anything on his own--almost completely because of spelling problems--that anyone could understand. Until he took the 12th grade class and hid his disability, everyone had assumed he was incapable of that level of work because of his inability to spell. This was the first class in which anyone had assigned him any work above the 2nd grade level, so no one ever knew that his ability to read and write was actually at the gifted level.

So, if you feel the urge to mock people with such disabilities again, please think twice about it. Your mocking post will not be the first time it has happened, and the poster will be quite stung by it. If hurting people is your goal, you will have achieved it. Nothing else will be accomplished, though.

Unless he did it through PM, he has not. He has not, in fact, posted a thing since he came here and asked for help. I don't blame him, and it would not surprise me if he never posted again.

The thread was originally posted in one of the new diver forums that is supposed to be a green zone, a place where new divers can come and ask questions, any questions at all, without fear of ridicule. He asked a question and was immediately blasted for his spelling difficulties. Even after the worst posts were removed, later posters continued to mock him with deliberate misspellings.

In my career as an English teacher, I had a number of students with genuine learning disabilities who simply were incapable of spelling. I know there are scoffers who will talk about laziness, but I assure you there are people for whom the letters are simply jumbled for them when they try to read or write.

Some of them are extremely intelligent people. In one case, a student enrolled in an online program at the 12th grade level in a chaotic beginning of the year scenario. He quickly distinguished himself at the top of his 12th grade English class--until his IEP came in revealing he both read and wrote at a 2nd grade level. Investigation revealed that he was able to read the challenging material in the class using a screen reading software program, and he was able to write his excellent essays through a screen writing program. When the material was read to him, he could understand college-level material with ease. When he spoke into a microphone, he could create college-level essays with ease. However, he could not look at a page of written material and make sense of it, and he could not write anything on his own--almost completely because of spelling problems--that anyone could understand. Until he took the 12th grade class and hid his disability, everyone had assumed he was incapable of that level of work because of his inability to spell. This was the first class in which anyone had assigned him any work above the 2nd grade level, so no one ever knew that his ability to read and write was actually at the gifted level.

So, if you feel the urge to mock people with such disabilities again, please think twice about it. Your mocking post will not be the first time it has happened, and the poster will be quite stung by it. If hurting people is your goal, you will have achieved it. Nothing else will be accomplished, though.

You're right, the OP does need that program.

Back
Top Bottom