Looking for some lead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking for some lead for two scubapro weight integrated bcs, as well as trim weights. Probably about 60 lbs in total. Yeah i know that's too much, we are coming off the rental belts which are the same (and more than enough) for everyone. We'll figure out what the appropriate amount is later on our own time.

Let me know what you have available for sale, and how much you want for it. The LDS lead is $$... and shipping lead all over doesn't turn out too well either!
Check with seasoft. They had a special at the Tacoma dive expo for $2.50/lb which is about half the regular price. They may still be offering something. I also have 2- 5lb coated wieghts and probably about 8-10 3lb bullets that I really don't need anymore if you are interested.

If you decide to melt your own I had a steel mold made that you can borrow. It can hold a slab that is 3 1/2"x4 1/2"x1 1/2". The resulting weight is about 5lbs. I even have the stainless steel pot I used to melt the lead in.

i've found weights in value village too! I always have my eyes open for lead above and underwater!

Thanks for all the replies folks. In the interest of time i hunted around and got some used weights from dive and sea sports as well as ocean quest. Not the cheapest, but cheaper than new and I wanted to get them for this weekend.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom