Looking for small/intimate kid friendly resort around PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

monica Eccher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My family and I are looking for a resort that has a kid camp around PDC . My husband will be diving the Cenotes and I want to find a resort that is smaller and more intimate. I really don't like those huge all inclusive ones with all the pools and big hotels. If we could find a family owned all inclusive on the beach where they have activities for the kids. My kids are 4 and 6 years old. A baby sitter would do but a camp would be more fun for them. I've had baby sitters in the past and that's what they do SIT!! We could stay really anywhere by the Cenotes. Tulum,Akumal. Guess the Cenotes are all over.

Well you nixed the one I was about to suggest. The iberostar has a kids club, ages 4-12, and they manage games and play with the kids from 10am to 4pm. We've even gotten the gal that runs it to sit for a few extra hours for a little extra money. However it is a big, all-inclusive resort. There are several others that do the same thing. I'm not aware of any small resorts that offer the same services. In any case, my wife and I enjoy the one on Cozumel but there's another either in Cancun or PDC. You might do a search under kids week. Several resorts sponsor a kids camp at least once a year.

Check out Akumal Beach Resort.
We stayed there last May and it was great.
Lots of info over at Locogringo.com message boards.

Looking for small/intimate kid

I read the first half of the title and got a little worried.

My family and I are looking for a resort that has a kid camp around PDC . My husband will be diving the Cenotes and I want to find a resort that is smaller and more intimate. I really don't like those huge all inclusive ones with all the pools and big hotels. If we could find a family owned all inclusive on the beach where they have activities for the kids. My kids are 4 and 6 years old. A baby sitter would do but a camp would be more fun for them. I've had baby sitters in the past and that's what they do SIT!! We could stay really anywhere by the Cenotes. Tulum,Akumal. Guess the Cenotes are all over.

Hi Monica,

Most of the cenotes worth diving are in the Akumal/Tulum area. There is a day care center by the Lol Ha restaurant in Akumal. Locogringo is a good place to start for info about it.

There is one relatively small AI (100-200 rooms) on the north side of PDC, but the name escapes me. You might try, Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info. That group has forgotten more than I know about all the area's AI's. One of the best people to ask is Shammy. She is a travel agent who does a LOT of work in the area. If what you are looking for is out there she will know about it.

thank you all. Looks like we are staying at Sunscape. Sounds like they have a great kids club. If the kids are happy we will be happy. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom