Looking for small helmet backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't have a good recommendation for you but why keep backup lights on your helmet? Seems like a strange place for them. I much prefer attaching them to my harness (shoulder drings) or keeping them in pocket
The shoulder harness attachment is typical for backmount but not for sidemount. I love having a back up light on my helmet in SM, and I also have a helmet mount for my primary, it's just a very convenient place to stick a light and still have use of both hands for any tasks like writing notes, line stuff, etc. Any additional back up lights go in my pouch.

Good evening everyone!

I'm a cave diver and currently use 2 Gralmarine K2 lights as backup lights. They're fixed to my helmet and, while on land, get quite heavy on my head. That's why I'm looking for recommendations concerning new backup lights.

I'd prefer one that's as light-weight as possible, uses batteries and has a long burning time. The price (as long as it's reasonable) doesn't matter, I also don't care if it's turned on by twisting it or pressing a button.

Thanks a lot in advance and happy diving!
OrcaTorch D560 Mini Scuba Dive Light Headlamp is great for you. Three colors to choose from
You can check iut out. The link is:

Hello,

you could try a Scurion. The lamp goes to the front, obviously, and the battery to the back of your helmet improving balance of the helmet over sidemounted backup lamps. They can be converted to a hand-mounted lamp. Scurion is much more expensive than the lamps mentioned

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom