Looking for shore dives anywhere in FL... any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My GF and I are planning a week-long trip in FL. We are coming from the North, making way down to Key Largo. On the way, we want to stop somewhere for shore diving on reefs out in the gulf or the atlantic, we dont care either side. Any recommendations of good shore diving in FL?

(no springs, got bored of 'em, my parents live in Dunnellon, FL so it was all we dove in the past - we want a new scenery this time)

Already done both, I have the book and been on that site. I just wanted personal experience from you guys!

head on down to Jupiter, at least, before trying shore diving. from Jupiter down to
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea there is a ton of shore diving

none once you hit Key Largo

go to the MOF/NMOF thread, and ask for howard, onespeed, missdirected, waterbearer, scubajenny, joystershell, and or ffestpirate. That is a pretty good cross section of people who dive down that way, all in one thread.

They should be able to give you the scoop on locations, condtitions, and possibly even join you for a dive or two.

Now, if you were to find yourself in the panhandle region, I know a few people there, that would be glad to show you the local scene.

What they said, and check and/or post in the South Florida Trips & Local Marketplace...
Lots of folks shore diving on the East coast.
Have fun . . .

Lauderdale by the Sea has some nice shore diving (basically Commercial Blvd. & A1A). There is a dive shop right there to rent tanks or get fills, and plenty of beach access. I dive there about twice a month. PM me if you need more info.

I'm beach diving off Ft Pierce tomorrow (Fri). Also was planning to go Sunday but the seas may be blown out according to the weathe forcast

There's also Venice beach on the "other" coast for fossils.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom