looking for reviews for go pro cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
II am considering doing my IDC somewhere warm instead of locally in about 6 months or so.

Without going into the pro/cons of taking it locally...where can I find reviews of companies (ie former students) that offer a 2 week IDC program? I am not looking for job but rather quality instruction.

One company I was looking at is Goprocozumel. Good website with details/FAQ/info, responsive to emails. But how do I find reviews of former students? I have googled until my brains hurt and I need to go diving to feel better. Hahaha

Maybe there is another company in the Caribbean with good reviews you can suggest?Caribbean due to single day travel so I won't have to miss as much work at my "day" job.

My requirements :2 weeks training ideal (not 6days) followed by IE, warm/sun location (damm you Washington drizzle). Quality instruction. Reasonable price.

Ideas or your personal experience?

Your oregondiver screen name and location disagree, but if you are an Oregon diver, I’d really recommend going local at Eugene Skin Divers Supply. They are absolutely incredible. I went through Ron’s IDC then became IDC Staff and staffed several of his before moving on. If you’re thinking Caribbean though, I’ve heard plenty of good about Go Pro Cozumel, but for me, I’d rather be in a slightly bigger city across the way in Playa del Carmen. Anders Heegaard is the Course Director at GoPro Playa and is a great guy. I’ve gone diving with some of his instructors and they are very professional. Any reason why you want a two week IDC instead of the typical 6 days? It’s pretty rare from what I’ve seen for them to be longer than a week, but I know there are some out there.

Thanks for the reply. I will check them out. I ADORE Eugene Skin Divers (they are truely a fabulous shop!!!) but we moved last year (and ain't worth the hassle to change my screen name) so now I am in Washington and haven't built a strong alliance to a shop yet although there is one that I think I like. I think, haha. Still figuring things out.

Hmm...maybe folks can address whether they felt competent after two 3 day weekends or would have preferred continuous learning (ie day after day)?

I trained with Mike at GoPro Cozumel and cant say enough good things about him and the program.
I can guarantee you wont be disappointed
if you have any questions in particular, feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom