Looking for recommendations on large gauge consoles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloridaPhil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife is determined to dive with an ANALOGUE console and wants one with large, easy to read dials - at least 2 inches in diameter. Unfortunately, most manufacturers fail to mention how large the gauges actually are on their produce descriptions. Looking for a 2 gauge console - anyone have recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion but I'm looking for the old fashioned analogue gauges.

I bought a used console with roughly 2" guages used at an LDS. I think I paid under 100 bucks for the whole thing. There's no shortages of dive shops around Sarasota. Even if there were, it's not a far drive up to Pinellas where dive shops are as common as cockroaches. Every dive shop I've been into has at least a few analog sets.

Don't forget to get her a bottom timer device (wristwatch?) if she's going to dive analog. None of the consoles I've seen have an analog timer (some have a tiny digital one).

I bought a used console with roughly 2" guages used at an LDS. I think I paid under 100 bucks for the whole thing. There's no shortages of dive shops around Sarasota. Even if there were, it's not a far drive up to Pinellas where dive shops are as common as cockroaches. Every dive shop I've been into has at least a few analog sets.

Don't forget to get her a bottom timer device (wristwatch?) if she's going to dive analog. None of the consoles I've seen have an analog timer (some have a tiny digital one).

Every LDS I've been in has endless stock of 1.75" consoles. Just haven't found anything with 2" yet. Believe me, I'm not being lazy - just getting frustrated since I have spent what seems forever on this. I even ordered an Oceanic console based on a sales representative stating it had 2.25" gauges. Nope - you guessed it - they were 1.75".

You would have thought gauge size would be a pretty basic piece of info to provide on web product pages.

Back
Top Bottom