Looking for Puerto Morelos information...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebyron

Registered
Reaction score
We are heading to Puerto Morelos in February.
The town is halfway between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

We are looking for Dive Operator recommendations.
We would like to dive local sites, take a day trip to Cozumel, and dive cenotes.

My wife, and various extended family (mostly non-divers) are also looking for companies offering birdwatching and tours of the ruins.

Any suggestions would be welcome.....
thanks
eliot

Hi Eliot,

The shop we used to use has since been sold and has completely new people so no love there.

Bird watching, Rio Laragtos is the spot but I have no idea of the companies the tour the area. If there is a tour that also hit Ek Balam, take it. An amazing set of ruins.

Ruins/eco tours, try either Yucatreks at Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info or Alltournative - Off Track Adventures Alltournative will probably be a better bet for you since Yucatreks is based out of Playa. Been on tours with both of them and it makes a fun day of the two, we prefer Yucatrek.

Hope this helps and have a great trip.

Check out tripadvisor.com and the forums for Puerto Morelos. In the town there are I think 5 dive shops. I hear that the snorkeling is very good there even better than Coz.
I am heading that way in a few months. Ask your questions at that forum as there are always local experts to help out. Even though the diving there is not as good as Coz from what I hear it is not bad. I love Coz but the wife wants to be pampered this trip so we are heading to the Excellence Resort.

Good luck and have a great trip !!!

We are heading to Puerto Morelos in February.
The town is halfway between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

We are looking for Dive Operator recommendations.
We would like to dive local sites, take a day trip to Cozumel, and dive cenotes.

My wife, and various extended family (mostly non-divers) are also looking for companies offering birdwatching and tours of the ruins.

Any suggestions would be welcome.....
thanks
eliot

Back
Top Bottom