Looking for potential research subjects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Miss D. I watched that movie you posted from start to finish. It could have used more of a plot and I was really hoping to see some nudity. :rofl3:

You wanted to see one of those women nude?:confused::confused::shakehead::shakehead:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Do you have any paticular sites in mind. I agree with I Dive (will we at least be able to enjoy our time under water)? Sounds interesting to further our education on diving.

I take it the samples will be done in a controlled sterile enviornment?

Thank you for posting the video link for ABG sampling on this post. A picture (or video) is worth a thousand words. The video does neglect to mention that we will be injecting local anesthetic into the skin of the wrist prior to obtaining the ABG. In response to the last post by CMOST, these dives will be very controlled, and I think it would be dishonest to classify them as pleasure dives. As far as the conditions under which ABG sampling will be done; the samples will be obtained using sterile technique by a physician (myself). Also, thank you to all the divers who have shown interest in helping us with this research. The reponse has been much better than we hoped for, and just shows how generous our diving community is!

I have yet to do a dive I haven't enjoyed!

Well the last few with all the jellyfish stings were not one of my favorites. Especially the one that wrapped around my face. OUCH!!!

Hey Miss D. I watched that movie you posted from start to finish. It could have used more of a plot and I was really hoping to see some nudity. :rofl3:

I am going to beat you my friend... and drag you along :D Stay tuned :guillotine: :wink: The arm they used was a dummy. Naked arm but still a dummy. Agreed it could have had more of a plot ;-) Hot doc, hot girl,... Okay I best stop hi-kacking????

Thank you for posting the video link for ABG sampling on this post. A picture (or video) is worth a thousand words. The video does neglect to mention that we will be injecting local anesthetic into the skin of the wrist prior to obtaining the ABG. In response to the last post by CMOST, these dives will be very controlled, and I think it would be dishonest to classify them as pleasure dives. As far as the conditions under which ABG sampling will be done; the samples will be obtained using sterile technique by a physician (myself). Also, thank you to all the divers who have shown interest in helping us with this research. The reponse has been much better than we hoped for, and just shows how generous our diving community is!

Well keep us tuned in. I'm good with pain and have had the anestehetic under the skin. I'm good with a lil pain. And if all pans out would love to further assist your research. That said, girls are better with a lil pain then men. Perhaps we should focus more on them? Don't you boys attack me either. It is a proven fact :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom