Looking for opinions on Salvo 10W HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got one on the recommendation of a Friend (Dive Master). Taking it out for the first time this week end. Anyone have thoughts on where to mount it. Right now I have it through my tank strap of my Zeagle Tech BCD.
Also I can't find a single review on the light.

Thanks
J:dork2:

its an amazing light ... i have the handheld version, and love it

as far as attaching it, you need to try and find a way to attach it to you waistbelt/ (cummerbund on your Zeagle) on the right side

:eyebrow:Awesome light, I have a DSS backplate & wing so I don't need a weight belt, however i use the belt with empty pouches to hold my cannister and clip the light head to my upper right D-ring, when not in use.

Yes I think they are more designed for a backplate & wing. That will be the direction I go when I'm investing in my next BCD

J

I love mine did you get the fixed or adjustable one?

:DThe cannister on the weight belt makes for easy removal should I have the need for ditchable weight, and I can use the empty weight pouches to carry small items. Yep I know its only a 2lb cannister, but it would lighten me a little in an emergency if needed.
Robert

If you need to ditch with, put it on the waist belt of your harness, and hold it on with a buckle. If you need to ditch weight, open your harness, and undo the buckle so it falls off.

I have the fixed focus version, and I love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom