Looking for Oahu Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I do a lot of shore diving and while to be honest taking a new person out just sounds like a way to have a more stressful and shorter dive....

So Zach... I had a friend take me out on last Saturday. He is a seasoned vet and was wearing an aluminum 100 and some nice cressi fins - first of all I knew I couldn't keep up with him because he's a former lifeguard. I think I could run a line from his tank and he probably wouldn't notice pulling me. Secondly he sips air and has gills (still looking for proof). I've got an aluminum 80 and I guzzle air like a vacuum and swim like I'm injured compared to him.

I just brought a scooter and although it was a bit chilly since we went deep - I kept up no problem and at the end of the dive we had nearly the same amount of air. I think when you're desperate to dive like me - since I have a demanding schedule - you have to make solutions work.

Not suggesting you let me tag along - just letting you know there are some resourceful newbies out there who don't want to be a nuissance.

Special Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM and invited me on dives! I'm not from Hawaii originally - but this is my third time living here. I can't seem to stay away. Aside from missing the poke, and the weather... the people are very warm and welcoming!

layed on my back most of the way ,at that time I hated snorkels and didnt use them...about a half mile swim.... the y.o was much harder.swam out to it once , swam back from it twice lol

I just did a boat dive on the Sea Tiger. I must say Black_3000psi, I am very impressed you could swim out to it. It was a beautiful wreck to penetrate and I was able to photograph a giant sea turtle, frogfish, leaf scorpion and more.

you are welcome to dive with us, I have a small group of buddys comprised of people I've met at the dive shop or just from around the island. The group will vary depending on everyones schedules. I preffer to have a big group of buddies to chose from. Shore diving is a great way to log more dives at little or no cost ( other than air fills ) My motto is, if I am not at my job, I'm diving.

Back
Top Bottom