Looking for new wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@buddhasummer
Simon, I agree with you on the DGX wing.
I really like the Deep6 Gear wing. I know it will not be easy to get to you, but it feels like it’s built like a tank.
I am on a no spending spree right now but was close to buying one as a new primary wing.
The new ones look nice, but I prefer the older design

On that wing, did you need their backplate to line up the cam band straps or does any typical backplate work?
I bought the BP/W package, so I don’t know about compatibility. But I’d be happy to take some measurements of the wing if that would help.

I buy Deep Six stuff, but also service my own teleporter

Has anyone tried the Deep 6 wings? Obviously not available in Oz, but just curious.

All things being considered looks like the Apeks given reasonable price, ease of availability and no shipping risk might be the winner.

I did see a De Profundis wing going very cheap but cannot find any info on construction etc

@lexvil notice the orange trim

Have you looked at xDeep Zeos 28? Pretty good construction with a solid inner replaceable bladder. Proper cordura usage and standard parts. We use the 38s in our club for rent and they really stand up to the abuse. It's a classic shape, but you can order a custom colored one (pointless if you ask me) and even to have you logo embroidered.

The shell is 1100d Cordura, and the bladder is 440d.

For comparison, DGX S1 is 1000d shell and 200d bladder. I wasn't able to find the specs for OxyCheck

Have you looked at xDeep Zeos 28? Pretty good construction with a solid inner replaceable bladder. Proper cordura usage and standard parts. We use the 38s in our club for rent and they really stand up to the abuse. It's a classic shape, but you can order a custom colored one (pointless if you ask me) and even to have you logo embroidered.

Thanks.

Looking at that wing right now €242. CORDRA 1100 dTEX, doesn't say what bladder is.

On that wing, did you need their backplate to line up the cam band straps or does any typical backplate work?
Any backplate will work. . . They're pretty nice wings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom