Looking for new Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTH2711

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a new mask, found a Mares Used for a reasonable price. I was thinking about checking with my LDS just to see how it fit.

There will never be a clear answer to what mask is best. You need to try it on. A $20 mask that fits beats a $100 mask that is too small or too big. Even used masks might not fit like a new one. You need to try the actual mask on.

Masks are like shoes. There's just no substitute for trying them on before you buy.

The good news is that there are a ton of different mask sizes and styles to choose from. Somewhere out there is the perfect mask for you.

My family all use Atomic Aquatic masks. Both my wife and son wear the Atomic Frameless in the narrow size. I wear the Atomic Sub-frame in the regular size. Great masks but on the spendy side (and well worth it for us).

What works for one person won't necessarily work for another. Especially when it comes to masks.

Do you mean you're going to walk into your local dive shop and ask them to make an assessment of the fit of a mask that you did not purchase from them???

the K

Do you mean you're going to walk into your local dive shop and ask them to make an assessment of the fit of a mask that you did not purchase from them???

the K

Ooohhh...

I wanna come watch THAT interaction!

:popcorn:

Or as bad (maybe worse) is that he's gonna go try on a "new" one at his LDS to see if it fits and then say "I gotta think about it..."

Either way...:shakehead:

i cannot imagine any better way if invading your LDS, you should give them your buisness, however as for the type of mask, i have a Scuba Pro Scout (black) yet, the Crystal Vu is a nice one too

Awright ya got me. After I went back and reread what I wrote I did sound like a jerk. I should have been more clear. I have 3-4 lds in my area. I do not see any issue with shopping around and checking for the best price at any those of those stores. Any purchase I would make would be based on Price, Service, and staff. However I do understand your point about exploiting service and then buying online. It happens alot in my line of work.

I tried on a mask at an LDS and opted to buy on still in the box. I won't do that again! :D

I am STILL trying to find the right mask. Arghhhhhh!

Yes - 1. LDS 2. best fit and 3. major name brand / If the mask that fits best is 20.00 more have beans and rice for lunch and buy the mask!

Back
Top Bottom