Looking for new drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. After reading the posts, watching videos and talking with Mike at DRIS, I have a Rofos breathable on order, at least I do as soon as I can get my measurements. :D

---------- Post added January 12th, 2016 at 04:51 PM ----------

Followup question. I have a base layer. What additional weight ungergarment will I need for cave.

have you considered buying from a retailer in europe?

it's only because 2200 usd is gbp 1500 and this website is selling it for 1067 gbp obvious you have shipping and i don't even know if they ship to the states?

https://www.planetdivestore.com/dive/suits/diving-dry-suits/rofos-drysuit-rs450k/240/26110/sc

Thanks again guys. I had a crisis of the pocketbook after looking at the added costs of undergarments, p-valves, she-p, etc. Called Mike back and put on hold for now. Will wait to see if the Pinnacle sells, try and wear it anyway or even try to get through apprentice diving wet. Then when/if it looks like I will make it to full cave, rethink things.

Thanks again guys. I had a crisis of the pocketbook after looking at the added costs of undergarments, p-valves, she-p, etc. Called Mike back and put on hold for now. Will wait to see if the Pinnacle sells, try and wear it anyway or even try to get through apprentice diving wet. Then when/if it looks like I will make it to full cave, rethink things.
If you can't do a valve drill in the suit you need to wear something else. You might be able to get a little more life out of it by wearing a decent base layer and just a vest trimmed back from the shoulders as a top. The water around High Springs isn't that cold and you might be able to get away with that for the kind of dives you do in the typical cave class.

I have a solution to the undergarment, on sale from a lady here, fourth element size Med, $120 cdn, so about $75 US. They are local and I can buy and mail to you.

Also, I'm taking some students to Mexico around Sept for OHP, cave1 and Cave 2......if that time frame works for you,

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't do a valve drill in the suit you need to wear something else. You might be able to get a little more life out of it by wearing a decent base layer and just a vest trimmed back from the shoulders as a top. The water around High Springs isn't that cold and you might be able to get away with that for the kind of dives you do in the typical cave class.
Good point Kevin. Imhave weakness and reduced ROM right arm from a rotator tendon rupture and incomplete repair years ago so went sidemount. So valve drills are a peice of cake!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom