Looking for new dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Started with a d4i, later got hooked on navigation, took a d6i with air integration. I tried some of the other ones but i came back to suunto eventually. Creature of habit maybe.

I asked about cosmic deepblue, kinda lke the large display but LDS said they sold quite a number of units and a few came back. I asked why, they said its not stable and poor battery life, needs to be changed often.

Good luck on your hunt!

Cressi Giotto

Overpriced for what it is/does.

Deepblu Cosmiq

Mixed reviews: nice screen but that's about it. I believe you can pipe your logs to their "cloud" via your smartphone, I expect you can get them from there to you Mac. Probably.

Since you're talking euros, look up Planet Multi Store. They ran a special on Puck Pro recently. If it's still on that might be the best bang per buck at the moment.

I am a big fan of this dive computer for the price. I have the same Aeris version that is 4 years old and still humming along. Does everything you are asking about and is super easy to program and read. It is compatible to download with your MAc. I use Mac Dive software with mine. You can get it with our without the transmitter.
DG03 Dive Computer w/FREE Dry Box

I am a big fan of this dive computer for the price. I have the same Aeris version that is 4 years old and still humming along. Does everything you are asking about and is super easy to program and read. It is compatible to download with your MAc. I use Mac Dive software with mine. You can get it with our without the transmitter.
DG03 Dive Computer w/FREE Dry Box
This is essentially the same computer as my Oceanic VT3 that I've been diving since 2010. Unfortunately, for some of us, it is not dual algorithm and runs only PZ+, not DSAT. The price of the transmitter is very good and it can be used with the Perdix AI

This is essentially the same computer as my Oceanic VT3 that I've been diving since 2010. Unfortunately, for some of us, it is not dual algorithm and runs only PZ+, not DSAT. The price of the transmitter is very good and it can be used with the Perdix AI
Thanks for the clarification on that Craig- It is not like my Aeris Elite T3 then-- just looks identical. The Elite T3 is DSAT.

What are you thoughts on the Oceanic VT 4.1 - considering the OP's budget: Oceanic VT4.1 buy and offers on Scubastore

The VT4.1 was also discontinued from the Oceanic lineup quite a while ago. My son has a 4.1 he likes it quite a bit, in several ways it is an improvement over my VT3. I'm quite sorry Oceanic discontinued the VT series, I don't have much interest in the VTX. If my VT3 dies, I will likely go for a Perdix AI. I have been diving a Dive Rite Nitek Q as backup for some time to get experience for Buhlmann ZH-L16C vs. DSAT. The mapping is not perfectly straightforward.

Not sure how often you do multiple dives on consecutive days, but if it happens somewhat regularly the algorithm that the computer uses is something that you should pay close attention to. If you never ever pushed NDLs with your Suunto, you may not need to worry. The (fairly liberal) dual algorithms on the Oceanic computers are one reason they're recommended so often on this board.

From what I've read, those that have used it have said the Deepblu is a good computer with an algorithm that is entirely too conservative.

Many many threads on this topic in this subforum.
Normally when we go diving we do 1 or 2 dives a day. Mostly just on saterday or sunday.
When on holliday, we go diving for multiple consecutive days, never had any problems with the Vyper (sometimes on a liveaboad we had 1 day of 5 or 6 dives), mostly also 2, maybe 3 dives a day.

Until so far I have not pushed the NDLs on the Vyper

I've been using an Oceanic Atom 3.0 for the last couple of years. It is basically the Geo 2.0 with wireless AI added. Being pretty much the same, I'd say the Geo 2.0 is a really good computer. I would not get the Cressi or the Cosmiq, as they would be too conservative for me.

I don't know much about the Mares Quad other than it looks really big and it doesn't seem to use that additional size to any real advantage. For the same price or less, I would definitely get the Geo.
If it's about the same price, then why not get a newer model with newer features than an old one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom