looking for my first set of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if i were u, and i was u not to long ago, i'd call up scubatoys, and tell them what you wanna spend, and tell them what kind of diving ur doing, and they will hook you up BIG TIME!!!!! i would swear on them heres the website... Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment - Discount dive gear

PS. Before you buy anything online call them on the fone because they will usually cut u an even better deal!!!!!!!! thats the best advice i can give you.

alright, so i think i have decided what im going to get i went to the local shop and they had
aqualung titan
seaquest passport bc
air source (octo on bc)
a tusa 3 gauge console
$690
seems like a good deal to me

but i think i will try to get the zeagle scout bc instead of the seaquest, i like the back inflate and its extremely light and comfortable. do you think 24 lbs of lift is ok, i wont be doing much beyond 90ft and i will most likely have an aluminum tank.
thanks for the advice.
-James

I would want more lift. 24 pounds of lift is more like a lady-diver BC. You won't need the lift for diving buoyancy, but when the sea surface is rough, the lift gets your head higher out of the water. Many men use 30-35 pound lift BC's with good results.

hmmm thats a good point, i think i have seen a version online with 34 lbs ill ask if they can get that one

Yes, 34 would be about the minimum I'd have. I had an Aeris BC with 45, and boosted me right up. My Sherwood BC has 35 pounds lift, and that's OK. If you ever have to do a rescue, or train for it, your BC must support two people, so buoyancy counts.

If you have a Diver's Direct close by, you may want to see what they have. No other store in Florida will have that much selection.

Let us know how it works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom