Looking for Monterery / Carmel buddy for Saturday July 7th or Sunday July 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funfish84

New
Reaction score
Heading up to the Monterey / Carmel area the weekend of July 7th and would love to go diving. I've done 250+ dives in southern California, but have only dove twice (at Breakwater) north of Point Conception. Looking for a dive buddy for either the 7th or the 8th. I'm up for any site. Even if you are not available to dive, could you recommend a site where I might be able to find some divers the day of?

Thanks,

Bridget

I may be available Sunday.

Just got a new GoPro setup I'm dying to get in the water, but have a couple of potential schedule conflicts that will resolve themselves as the week progresses.

Ok cool. Keep me posted. FYI - I do not own a dry suit, so would be diving wet.

Ok cool. Keep me posted. FYI - I do not own a dry suit, so would be diving wet.

Brrr...Are you bringing your gear up or renting?

---------- Post Merged on July 3rd, 2012 at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 2nd, 2012 at 08:12 PM ----------

My schedule conflicts have resolved themselves so I'm good to dive Sunday. Let's trade PM's.

I may be able to go diving Sunday too. I dive Monterey almost every week, and know it well. 3D diver; I see you live in Los Altos and are about my age. I live close by.Do you want to car pool if I can go Sunday? I'll pay 1/2 the gas and parking if we need to pay to park. We also could go to Lover's Pt. which may be the best step up for funfish84 since she has only done Breakwater in Monterey. There we have three beaches to choose from. (Check out my underwater videos on YouTube. My channel is timothytech1.)

Hi Timothy,

We were thinking about Lover's, Coral street, or punting and doing Metridiums/Breakwater. If funfish84 is ok with it I'd be glad to car pool. It's been a long time since I dove Lover's or Coral street so having you along would be good IMHO.

Wayne

OK. What do you drive? I have a large van, but it gets really bad mileage. (13 MPG.) If you have a SUV that would probably work better. I would imagine Briget may wish to meet us there. I recommend we arrive no later than 9AM if we go to Lover's. I live in north San Jose. (Very easy to get to my home off 237 from Los Altos.) I can give you directions and my address plus my phone number in a private message. I'm still waiting for an answer from members from my dive club to see if anyone would like to go, but no answer so far. Coral St. can be nice, but it's really shallow for a long way out and has a lot of eel grass there now. The Mertridium fields are always fun, but it's often a very long walk to the beach on the week-end due to the parking. It's also a very long swim.

I have an S10 crew cab that holds two diver's gear nicely. We can likely stow Bridget's gear too, but may not be able to close the bed cover. She's diving a wetsuit & concerned about the cold so a minimal swim would be best---Lover's or Metridiums are what I'm leaning toward.

The Mertridium field is a very long swim. I would be worried Brigit would get cold. We should probably stick to Lover's Pt., where the swim in short, and the parking free. It is a two hour max. I dive just one tank anyway. If you both want to do a second dive, I'm willing to wait. You would need to move your vehicle though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom