Looking for leisure underwater digital camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will depend on whether you want film or digital. Regardless, I would highly suggest you get a camera and strobe combo as this will give you much more flexibility with conditions, and the results will be much more satisfying.

Send me a message with any questions. if you would like to know of a few entry level systems, email me at info@h2ophotopros.com and I will discuss some options with you.

Good luck, Mike

I have the Canon S410 digital

I have no clue how it will perform underwater.

How much is the housing and how is the picture quality underwater? Do I need extra lighting?

Should I purchase a whole new setupi instead? How much will a set up with strobe cost me?

http://www.digideep.com is a good reference site to see what housings are available for which cameras.

There's no easy answer to "how much" as there is such a wide range of equipment.

Norboo:
I have the Canon S410 digital

I have no clue how it will perform underwater.

How much is the housing and how is the picture quality underwater? Do I need extra lighting?

Should I purchase a whole new setupi instead? How much will a set up with strobe cost me?

These perform well underwater. Some people on here actually use this camera, so they may be able to give you specific answers. I would buy a housing for this first and see how you go. The canon housing are not expensive and you do not need extra lighting straight away.

You need to come up with some expectations and what sort of shooting you will be doing. Much easier to give advice then.

Back
Top Bottom