Looking for Lake Travis dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reference of John @ scubaland. I just spoke with him and will be calling him for future outings.

Update: Met some great people through this posting and had a fine dive @ Lake Travis together this past weekend.

I'll dive with you after i get back from my dive trip in the Philippines in 2weeks. by then travis should be warm enough for me to dive. Not afan of cold water. Philippines water temp is 86 right now with almost a 100' vis.

I'll dive with you after i get back from my dive trip in the Philippines in 2weeks. by then travis should be warm enough for me to dive. Not afan of cold water. Philippines water temp is 86 right now with almost a 100' vis.

Very cool, have fun. Which part of the Philippines your going?

Cebu used to be my old stomping ground..

Besides just going on ScubaBoard and asking, some other ways to find new dive buddies are to attend events like the monthly Austin FEAST: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/275518-april-fools-feast-freddies.html and the Spring Fling: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/274738-late-spring-fling-09-pick-dates.html

There are also a couple of Yahoo! Groups that are good options for getting in touch with other divers: CenTexSAFEDivers and scubalanddiveclub. To sign up follow these steps:
  1. Go to Yahoo!
  2. In the left-hand column click on Groups.
  3. Type one of the two group names into the field provided and click Search.
  4. The group name and a brief description will come up next. Click the group name.
  5. Click the Join this Group button and the website will walk you through all the necessary steps to join, including getting a Yahoo! username if you don't already have one.

Back
Top Bottom