Looking For Integrated Dive Computer Failure Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, this is a fun youtube rabbit hole to go down...

182 feet on air, with a LP hose failure...

This is almost as entertaining as overlanding rooftop vs ground tent discussions...

Man, this is a fun youtube rabbit hole to go down...

182 feet on air, with a LP hose failure...

This is almost as entertaining as overlanding rooftop vs ground tent discussions...
Good stuff. Solo spearo at 182 ft with a 13 cuft pony. Damn lucky.

Good stuff. Solo spearo at 182 ft with a 13 cuft pony. Damn lucky.
I thought I would post a non-controversial video...LOL

You seem to be assuming that a random YouTube video is more factual than any number of actual tests on the rate at which a tank will empty.
You'll get two breaths even if you suddently close the tank valve, just because of the pressurized air in the hoses.
See Life Ending Seconds for some facts.
View attachment 669058

You guys keep reading too much into it, I just want to see the video again to see what really happened, because I know the orifice is small and doesn't make sense. I saw the video before I get my OW and now I would like to see it again to better analyze it, that is all.

Here is a picture of a HP hose. You see the tiny hole? That’s the side for the first stage. This is why it won’t leak fast, even if you were to cut the hose. It is restrained on the stage side.

View attachment 668610
And many regulators have a corresponding restricting orifice in the HP port so that even if you were able jury rig a non restricted orifice hose onto the HP port it would still take around 20 minutes to deplete a tank.

Just send me your computer. I have a 2 pound lump hammer, and will gladly make you a video of the "failure". I'll even take it in a cave and put it on a rock first.

Well if the guy had his transmitter comme loose without a hose (for example the transmitter not being screwed on correctly and actually coming loose) it would not be a loss from a hp-hose but from the entire HP-port. I don't know the exact number on the time it will take to empty the tank, but it will be alot faster than with an hp-hose.

Well if the guy had his transmitter comme loose without a hose (for example the transmitter not being screwed on correctly and actually coming loose) it would not be a loss from a hp-hose but from the entire HP-port. I don't know the exact number on the time it will take to empty the tank, but it will be alot faster than with an hp-hose.
Look at the chart on the other page. Any modern 1st stage has a hp restriction in it as well.

Look at the chart on the other page. Any modern 1st stage has a hp restriction in it as well.
Unless I'm misunderstanding the chart, the chart is about the restriction in modern hp-hoses. I'm tallking about if the o-ring blew on the transmitter, connected directly to the first stage without a hose, air would leak before the hp-hose restriction and thus flow out at a much faster pace as if there was basically nothing restricting it?

Take off your HP hose. Look at the port. There’s just a small diameter hole, same as in the center of the hose. I have an older conshelf with the HP port the same diameter as the LP ports. That’s how I tell which is which. The modern regulators also have a larger HP port size to make this easier.

Back
Top Bottom