Looking for inspiration (living, interning and diving abroad)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel2th

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hola amigos y amigas!

I am new to the forum (and diving), but this seems like the right place to look for inspiration! I study International Hospitality Management and will be doing a three month internship - followed by a two month summer break. I'm trying to figure out where to go..

By now I have narrowed it down to Asia, most likely south east Asia. Great diving is the most important criteria. I wont be able to do liveaboards so I want the diving to be somewhat close to the shore, or within reach of day boats. I'm a fairly inexperienced diver having done my PADI rescue less than two years ago and logged a little less than 100 dives. If possible I'd like it to be somewhere I can pick up surfing (preferably kite or wave). I am hoping to find somewhere that's not too touristy, yet not too remote.

Economy is also an issue as I'm budgetting around 1000 USD a month. This is one of the reasons I've narrowed my search down to south east Asia. As I will most likely be working in a hotel or hostel I hope having food and maybe accommodation paid for. I'll be leaving Denmark in late March or early April. After the internship I was thinking of backpacking the surrounding area for a couple of months.

Do you have any ideas? Every suggestion is greatly appreciated :)

hey there, I am currently in an internship in S.E asia... feel free to PM for question... I dont wanna voice my complaints about it publicly

can share a lot of info on S.E asia, I have been here a long time :)

Back
Top Bottom