Looking for input on thickness and style of wetsuit for a variety of conditions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading threw this post I noticed no one mentioned anything about type of material. If you get a suit made out of a super stretchy blended neoprene, than your suit will not provide you with the warmth you are expecting. These suits compress at depth and out stretch their thickness. You can go with a suit that is made with a better quality neoprene and stay warmer in a thinner suit.

I also get cold easily and dive mostly tropical waters in the winter and summer months. I have a Wetwear Custom suit and it is great. I have a 3mm nitrogen neoprene Jumpsuit and a 5 mm Short sleeve shorty to go over it for colder waters ( I also have a 2mm jumpsuit and a 3mm shorty as well). I really stay warm in my suits and best of all I don't have to readjust my buoyancy at depth because my suit is not compressing. You should definitely talk to the people at Wetwear before you make a decision. They really help you decide what will work best for you as far as fit, price, options and thickness.

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

Thanks, Ms.Diver. Sounds like you have a similar "cold" profile and are diving in similar conditions, so your input is really helpful.

I really need to order my suit, NOW, but I'm "swimming" in a confused sea of custom wetsuit makers and not sure which to choose. I do believe I want to stay away from the super stretchy, for the reasons you outlined. And really, if it's custom fit, why should I need the extra stretch (?).

I can see that Wetwear uses some very good neoprene, but I am having a hard time getting past their really (to me) weird "feminine" panel layouts. Just looking at them I can feel myself being embarrassed to take off my overgarments. And I am NOT a fashion gal. Much more of a tomboy. I don't mind *no* style, but I don't want to be wearing some weird "french cut" looking thing, with all kinds of odd swoops and panels.

I like the suits on Horizon Wetsuit's site, and the fact that there are numerous photos showing people of all shapes and sizes with good-fitting suits. However, I cannot really find any info (Googling) on "Titex Tplush" neoprene. It's so frustrating when you can't compare A-to-A and B-to-B with real data.

I have also looked into Aquaflite, on a recommendation. They talk about "Oceanliner with Titanium," which apparently causes the neoprene to kind of suck onto your skin and be semi-dry, but I don't really know much about the type of base neoprene. Argh!

B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom