Looking for input from Hollis FX100 Drysuit users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlaOutdoors

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,

I searched the forum but didn't see a large amount of discussion on the Hollis FX100 as compared to a lot of discussion on the other brands. My LDS is recommending the FX100 but does not have one I can try on. They suggested a size Large. I am in the Tampa, Fla area and will be using it mostly in the Florida area in both salt water and the springs/caves. I am 5'-8" 180lbs, 32 waist and 30 inch inseam.

My questions:
1) Do you like the FX100 and would you buy it again?
2) Any issues with it?
3) Anything else you can tell me about ?

Thanks

I do not own it but I have used it a few times. With suits, I believe the fit is the most important of all and unfortunately this was not the model that would have the best fit on my particular body type. Other than that, it was a decent suit but back in those days it was being sold for around 1800 USD. This I felt was a bit too much for this suit. If it ever fit me perfectly I would pay around 1000 USD for it. I believe this is what it is going for right now so if you have tried it and are satisfied with the fit, then for 1000 bucks it is one of the better suits out there.

I've had one for a couple of years. Initially happy with it, but have had a series of annoying leaks and had to replace the zipper earlier this year. But the crowd I dive with, most of whom have Bare suits, do not seem to be in any better shape in terms of maintenance issues. Personally, I would take a road trip and try to find a shop that has a couple of different brands in stock. And to echo SINBAD, fit is really one of the most important considerations with a drysuit, and one that binds or is baggy will be a constant source of grief.

Floutdoors;

Have you gone by EZ Scuba, not sure what sizes they have in stock, but they tend to have a few in stock at the store. a couple of guys i dive with have them and seem to love them. The trilam construction is real tough, i wish i had one but didn't have the money and got a deal on a used suit when i was shopping.

Eventually ill pull the trigger on a custom fit one, but there are a few other things on the shopping list right now.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

DM Tom,

I dropped by EZ Scuba and they didn't have any in stock.
Floutdoors;

Sinbad and Ontdiver,

Thanks for the input. I'll have to call around to dealers outside of my area and see if anyone has one to try.

Have you gone by EZ Scuba, not sure what sizes they have in stock, but they tend to have a few in stock at the store. a couple of guys i dive with have them and seem to love them. The trilam construction is real tough, i wish i had one but didn't have the money and got a deal on a used suit when i was shopping.

Eventually ill pull the trigger on a custom fit one, but there are a few other things on the shopping list right now.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added November 23rd, 2013 at 08:38 PM ----------

DM Tom and Ontdiver,

Thanks for the input. I'll have to call around to dealers outside of my area and see if anyone has one I can try

I would also recommend custom fitting over stock size. Makes worlds of a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom