Looking for info on the Pinnacle Black Ice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone using the Pinnacle Black Ice? There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about the suit. Would love to get some impressions about it from people who have been diving with it.

My father has one and LOVES it. Barely wears an undergarment even when ice diving. Summer time, just a bathing suit in 65-75 water. When you get it, it will require extra weight until its broken in. He was down to 18lbs in his (size XL). WE sold it and I got him a new one....first few dives he was at like 38lbs or so....now it's broken in and back down in weight. Just know it will break in :wink:

Great to know! I am considering the purchase of my first drysuit, and seriously considering this suit.

Great to know! I am considering the purchase of my first drysuit, and seriously considering this suit.

You will be very happy with it. It is a very popular suit! Did you see our video on it?

I did! But it's interesting that you say it is a popular suit, because there are almost no posts/threads about it here on SB. It's one of the reasons I have been hesitant to buy one.

Any suggestions on what the 'right' undergarment is for 50F water? I'm somewhat overwhelmed by all the additional items that need to be purchased along with the suit (additional weight, boots, undergarments, etc.). Also, I'm trying to figure out the value of getting the convenience zipper. Having never used a drysuit, it's rather difficult to know what to do. :(

You will be very happy with it. It is a very popular suit! Did you see our video on it?

I did! But it's interesting that you say it is a popular suit, because there are almost no posts/threads about it here on SB. It's one of the reasons I have been hesitant to buy one.

Any suggestions on what the 'right' undergarment is for 50F water? I'm somewhat overwhelmed by all the additional items that need to be purchased along with the suit (additional weight, boots, undergarments, etc.). Also, I'm trying to figure out the value of getting the convenience zipper. Having never used a drysuit, it's rather difficult to know what to do. :(

Can you call me tomorrow at the shop? It may be easier to talk about all this :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom