Looking for info on new regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aerodog

Contributor
Reaction score
Since I didn't rinse my gear THROUGHLY after every dive, my SP MK20/D400 is scored to the point that the first and second stage barrels have neat etched rings and scoring from salt crystals. I guess the lifetime investment only lasted 8 years.....

So I'm doing research on new equipment, specifically I was told by the tech that AL equipment is pretty easy to service so the Titan and Legend are my first target of research.

thanks biggsy!

Aerodog, i moved your question to this forum to let those in the know answer your
question

The later produiction D400's used a plastic orifice in a differnent body that made replacing it an easy and inexpensive thing to do. Upgrading an old D400 to use the new body and plastic orifice costs about $45.00.

The cap on a MK 20 is also pretty cheap at around $20. It's a lot cheaper than a new reg.

But if you really are looking at a new reg I'll throw you an offer on your Mk 20/D400.

If you are looking at the Aqualung, yes they are fairly easy to service. I would siggest the Titan LX with the environmental kit to keep your first stage clean. Otherwise if you intend on going for something a little more performance oriented like the Legend, be careful and ensure that you rinse it well as the first stage is open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom