Looking for good underwater digital camera for snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Pentax w80 is hands down the best camera out there for snorkeling. I'm a camera dealer that specializes in waterproof camera sales. (surfershot.com)
The price will come down after a few months as sales for this camera are thru the roof!
However, there is a better way to use a waterproof camera, by using the Surf Camera case. This case will free up your hands and give you quick access to you waterproof camera.
It will attach to any wetsuit! Just google surf camera

I use an Intova (can get at Walmart for about $100 bucks) its a digital camera that comes with housing. I use it for all my snorkel tours and for diving. It goes to 130 feet.

Good quality camera for an affordable price.

If just for snorkeling the T6000 is fine, has much of what the T8000 offers.

Jack

so I got the olympus stylus 8000 (good till 30 ft without housing)....girlfriend and I ended up gettin scuba certified on an impulse when we went to the dive shop to buy a mask for snorkeling and I couldn't even take pictures cause we were more than 30 feet and I am now broke from scuba lessons and can't get a housing for it, lol....next mission, find an affordable housing

I've got the Olympus 1080 with the housing and I've been relatively happy with the quality so far (main issues have been learning curve from my side). I'm in the process of getting an Ikelite housing/port/strobe setup so sink my 450/500D, but stumbled accross the GoPro Camera's last night and the quality of the footage looks fantastic. I've even heard of TV shows that use these cameras and they pass muster for broadcast quality control. Will probably grab one or two as backups/diving companions as they're a very cost effective option (IMO) for the quality. Rated to 180'/60m too

www[dot]goprocamera[dot]com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom