Looking for good dive shop in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjctravel

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there,

I am a newer diver and heading out to Monetery and thinking about diving. Hoping someone can suggest a shop or two in the Monetery area who will have the patients to take a newer diver to the great location in the Monterey area.

Thanks
MJC

You might want to book a charter with Sanctuary. I was out with them last weekend and the capt, who seemed like a very cool dude, was taking a new-to-Monterey diver for what turned out to be some very nice diving.

If you can do a week day, then you can get into Point Lobos State Park. It requires reservations long in advance for weekends. This is an easy shore dive with some fantastic scenery.

When in Monterey, I use Aquarius on Del Monte Blvd. Not to be confused with the Aquarius at the Breakwater. Bruce or one of their DM's can take you on a nice safe guided tour.

I didn't have a good experience with Aquarius on Del Monte Blvd nor did a classmate of mine in my Advanced Open water class. We did not go together but got the same treatment. I do not plan to go back there.

I don't have much experience with the Aquarius at Breakwater but they were much more polite when I went there for an air refill.

I'd second Shake-and-bake with his comments on The Bamboo Reef. They have a very good compressor system and a convenient location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom