Looking for good California Dive Boat / Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toodive4

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Want to take a group of divers across country from Maryland to experience west coast diving. While I was out in San Diego once - dove the Coronados Islands with an outfit called Blue Escape - I've heard they are no longer reliable. I'll consider recommendations from members with experience. I'd like to set up three or four days of diving for a group of ten. I'd also like to know we will have the boat to our group alone. Liveaboards will be considered if they are comfy and open to taking us where we would like to go and see. Our group will be very experienced northeast coastal divers. Can anyone help with suggestions?

Thanks!

Ken

toodive4:
Want to take a group of divers across country from Maryland to experience west coast diving. While I was out in San Diego once - dove the Coronados Islands with an outfit called Blue Escape - I've heard they are no longer reliable. I'll consider recommendations from members with experience. I'd like to set up three or four days of diving for a group of ten. I'd also like to know we will have the boat to our group alone. Liveaboards will be considered if they are comfy and open to taking us where we would like to go and see. Our group will be very experienced northeast coastal divers. Can anyone help with suggestions?

Thanks!

Ken

check out: http://californiadiveboats.com/ lists all california dive boats. dive connection.com books 3 different boats out of san diego they are ok. i like lois ann, (loisann.com) the horizon is more of a liveaboard goes to mexico and san clemente. truth aquatics out of santa barbara has a great operation on the channel islands. they do 1, two and 3 day trips. Peace is a good boat out of ventura. lots of boats out of los angeles and long beach go to catalina. don't recommend any of the operators on on catalina island.

If you happen to be in San Diego, I highly recommend the Dive Bliss boat http://www.divebliss.com/ . They offer private and semiprivate charters that are perfect for large groups. While I only dove the Coronado Islands with them, they can reach the best dive sites all over Southern California including Catalina and San Clemente in a day trip, no living aboard required. They also offer liveaboard trips to the northern Channel Islands and south into Mexico to look for Great Whites. I really can't say anything about the liveaboard accomodations. The boat I dove from (there might be more than one) was tiny, I honestly don't know how big a liveaboard has to be, but that boat looked a little small comfortably sleep 10 people. But unless you're hell bent on diving the northern Channel Islands or doing more than 3 dives a day, I highly recommend doing a day trip with Dive Bliss. The boat's fast and stable and I can't say enough good things about the crew. Anyway, happy diving.
-Mantasscareme

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom