Looking for Fundies course in the Midwest this year...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
In the past, they have permitted people to sit in and listen (audit) portions of the class. You won't get water or one on one time, but it is a learning experience. Several of those people have gone on to take the class at the next available offering.

Dan, Have Scuba Guys ever taught the class at Haigh?

Dan Gibson:
In the past, they have permitted people to sit in and listen (audit) portions of the class. You won't get water or one on one time, but it is a learning experience. Several of those people have gone on to take the class at the next available offering.

By "tag along" I meant taking the class, not just sitting in. As I said in my first post a friend and I have been looking at doing fundies this year.

fasorud:
By "tag along" I meant taking the class, not just sitting in. As I said in my first post a friend and I have been looking at doing fundies this year.

Fasorud, I am in the Chicagoland area too and would like to take the class too. Let me know if you hear anything eyebrow eyebrow

I would be very interested if it's held at Gilboa. Please let me know if any spots are available.

fasorud:
Well, if you don't mind hanging out with a 2005 World Series Champions White Sox fan and a friend, we were looking at doing Fundies this year too :D
Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can set something up either at Haigh or Gilboa. I am at Haigh pretty much every weekend.

Fasorud,

As long as you don't gloat too much... Don't worry, this year is our year:wink:

Would definitely be interested. Haigh is a lot closer than I'd expected to have to travel to take this course.:14:

IrishCubsFan:
Fasorud,

As long as you don't gloat too much... Don't worry, this year is our year:wink:

Would definitely be interested. Haigh is a lot closer than I'd expected to have to travel to take this course.:14:

I've now received 4 PM's about being interested in a class so I've suggested that Ray be in charge of organizing the local logistics and I've proposed the 1st weekend of May for the class. If this thread becomes a distraction for others, please feel free to PM me for more specific details. Also, please check www.gue.com for sign up details.

Thanks again for your interest and we'll see you in May ;-)

BTW, I've sent Brando a PM so in all likliehood he'll join me teaching this class, but until I speak to him to confirm I can't guarantee he is available.

Thanks

I prefer Haigh quarry to Gliboa. I am wondering if Haigh quarry isn't close to the Chicago Land?

hoosier:
I prefer Haigh quarry to Gliboa. I am wondering if Haigh quarry isn't close to the Chicago Land?

It's probably about 1 to 1.5 hrs from most places in Chicagoland. It located in Kankakee, IL if that helps you.

do it easy:
It's probably about 1 to 1.5 hrs from most places in Chicagoland. It located in Kankakee, IL if that helps you.

Yes, I knew that... So, why do Chicago divers prefer Gilboa? Any particular reason?

To me, Haigh quarry is closer than Gilboa.... :wink:

MHK, how about 2nd week of May? You know, it is the final week for the college kids in the mid-west, so I can't get away from them.... LOL~~~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom