Looking for fun in SE Idaho

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I took my dive class at the end of 2007 but have not had the chance to go diving yet. I have heard there is some diving to do in my area but want to go with some one experienced. I live in Rexburg Idaho and will be here for a while. I know the cold is coming on fast. If any one in the area and wants to dive let me know.

I don't live in the area any longer. But when I did I dived anywhere I can find, often the Snake River near the falls in IF. Even once in November. Yes it was cold, though I was in my drysuit. But the water was clear, lots of life and an interesting dive.

Wow, I'm sitting in my hotel room in Idaho Falls staring at those very falls. I have to admit, I'd rather be diving back home in Fort Lauderdale, but if I'm stuck here much longer, I may have to jump in the river!

Just above the falls, on the west bank. Probably near your hotel is a quiet area great to enter. You enter in shallow water, but it drops to about 80' very fast. I've also entered below the falls and swam upstream when there was LOTS of flow. The river is wide there and you don't feel any flow. Well as soon as you approach the narrows it's like a solid wall of water. You can't move any further North. Really kinda cool.

The visibility of the river can be anywhere. Just depends on the flow of the river, time of year, runoff and so forth. That's why I wanted to try it in winter, cold but quite clear. Just the fish gave me strange looks like "why the heck are you here, we have to be."

Back
Top Bottom