Looking for Florida Luxury Beach Resort w/ Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next week we're staying at the Drift Hotel in Key Largo. They've got a private beach.

No onsite Dive Op but so what there's tons of them within a few miles, we're diving with CRD in Tavernier this trip.

I'm looking for a luxury beach resort with diving and non-diving activities in March. We have a newly minted OW diver and possibly one who would get their OW cert during the vacation. Soft sand beach is a must have. Places like Turks & Caicos, ABC islands, Caymans etc., would have been the obvious destination, but this year we prefer to stay domestic. Any recommendations for places around Miami or anywhere else in Florida?
Ha

I know, that was an off topic response pertaining to how expensive accommodations have become in the Florida Keys.

That was meant more of a warning for him that March is the near the peak of our high season. South Florida's tourist season runs from December to April with tapering on both ends. Not everyone knows just how busy those months are for Florida.

As you can tell, I don't know much about Florida so I appreciate all helpful info. This would be a family vacation so we want to avoid the unruly spring breakers. We did dive Key Largo with Rainbow Reef last summer so we're looking for something different than the Keys. I see a lot of luxury beach resorts in the area between Miami and Ft Lauderdale. Is that area good for diving with nearby offsite operators? Any recommended operators?

As you can tell, I don't know much about Florida so I appreciate all helpful info. This would be a family vacation so we want to avoid the unruly spring breakers. We did dive Key Largo with Rainbow Reef last summer so we're looking for something different than the Keys. I see a lot of luxury beach resorts in the area between Miami and Ft Lauderdale. Is that area good for diving with nearby offsite operators? Any recommended operators?

If you're trying to avoid unruly spring breakers, stay away from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. You'd be better off further north on Singer Island which is just north of Palm Beach. The resorts there have beautiful beaches, good snorkeling off the beach, and fantastic drift diving off shore. You have Blue Heron Bridge shore dive right there (Phil Foster Park), multiple very good charter operators out of Riviera Beach Marina (Narcosis) and Lake Park Marina (Pura Vida, Walkers), and two very good dive shops (Force-E and Pura Vida). All of that is within a 10-15 minute drive of Singer Island.

Be warned though, during spring break Singer Island resorts are $$$$.

The best diving is a little north of that stretch. Look at Delray up to Jupiter. The dive ops have boats on the intercoastal and go out through the inlets such as Boynton and Jupiter. The reefs off Boynton Beach are excellent for new divers as they are all in the 55' range and very fishy. It's drift diving which is also fun. One of each buddy pair tows a dive flag and the boat picks you up when you surface. It's usually unguided (you follow the reef), but you can hire a DM to guide and handle the flag if you want.

I got my son certified by Starfish Scuba last year. I liked the instructor, Ren. We also used him as a guide at Blue Heron Bridge on a day when the water was too rough on the ocean.

Starfish Scuba
(561) 212-2954

@scubadada dives that entire area regularly. He can recommend specific ops.

If you're trying to avoid unruly spring breakers, stay away from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. You'd be better off further north on Singer Island which is just north of Palm Beach. The resorts there have beautiful beaches, good snorkeling off the beach, and fantastic drift diving off shore. You have Blue Heron Bridge shore dive right there (Phil Foster Park), multiple very good charter operators out of Riviera Beach Marina (Narcosis) and Lake Park Marina (Pura Vida, Walkers), and two very good dive shops (Force-E and Pura Vida). All of that is within a 10-15 minute drive of Singer Island.

Be warned though, during spring break Singer Island resorts are $$$$.

^^ What he said :)

@Smackbot1: We stay at the Palm Beach Shores resort on Singer Island a lot; it's an RCI timeshare resort but they have daily rates as well. Pretty easy to get to from I95 and it's almost walking distance to Blue Heron Bridge - best macro & shallow water spot around!
You may be able to get them to comp your stay if you do the timeshare tour - I've never done it but it's worth a try.
1639425603492.png

Mariott Vacation Clubs, available for trade through Interval International if you're a timeshare owner, also has two resorts on Singer Island ... Oceana Palms and Ocean Pointe. Oceana Palms is the fancier one and Ocean Pointe is the more family-oriented one. We've stayed at both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom