looking for entry level pro gear...help me understand it all.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Ti BP and TI threads/wingnuts.. if not SS use Tribolube EPO2 on the threaded parts to prevent electrolytic corrosion
-if you don’t find a wing you like have one made with PU coated ballistic SuperFabric from HDM Inc. with 10mm ykk zippers
-Have the bladder made from ~500 denier PU coated Cordura to match the wing and have it double sonically welded.
-For dumps you can likely find a machine shop that can throw together some titanium parts for you and source Ti springs and get a few nice silicone pieces for the sealing bits ( I had to draw up plans and have them machined)
- I like Inconel or Steel Carbide weights on a standard nylon belt, and SS is ok for the buckle, but get the weights salt bath nitrided. If you have a buddy with a break you can have them bent to match the curve of your mid section so they are more comfortable. (you have to machine carbide)
- I like Zeagle 2nd stage regs, but I take metal bits and debur and polish them, I polish the lever arm to a mirror finish where it touches the diaphragm.. and coat everything in EPO2
-On the first stage I give everything an acid bath, O2 clean and dunk it all in EPO2. Had custom PTFE seat made.
-I change all my orings to brown viton
-take a standard inflator/dump apart and coat the internals with EPO2 as well. I use a standard hose from DR that is the crushproof hose
-fins are ForceFins, Bob will make a pair for you but there is a lead time so order now
-Mask I had custom made by a Hollywood guy that does disguises as he made a mold of my head/face, and I had custom borosilicate lenses made but use parts from a cressi “big eyes” mask so everything would fit together.
-hp100 tanks with DR valves, but I had them de-chromed and refinished in Monel, and had custome PTFE pieces made for the internals.
-for the computers I just use Shearwater’s, and Cochran’s.
-I use a 4th element thermocline exposure suit and I’ve resewn a few bits in a different color thread so I can tell mine apart on a drying rack easily.
-I use a standard lightmonkey light.. it just works, but I want to change the battery to LiFe instead of the LiPO but I’m waiting a while until it needs it.

That should get you started..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom