Looking for Edge epic service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manuals are nice to have, but do they sell you the OEM parts? (Zeagle; Diverite; and Posiden)
See you topside! John

Zeagle (it's own OEM), DiveRite, and Poseidon will sell you the OEM parts. In Zeagle's case, they don't have to go too far to get them. I'm going to order a SS 2nd stage orifice, for example, to replace a plastic one.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

So, on the one hand we have companies that provide their official manuals but don't sell us their OEM parts.
On the other hand we have a company that sell us their OEM parts, but don't provide their official manual.

Unfortunately, to have a complete package, we need both the parts and the official manual.
So far no company has been able to provide that.

This is all incorrect.

Last edited:
Manuals are nice to have, but do they sell you the OEM parts? (Zeagle; Diverite; and Posiden)
See you topside! John
Actually, most manufactures will sell consumers OEM parts. But you will probably have to purchase them in one of the markets where consumer protection laws require such sales be accommodated. The good old USA is not one of them.

Zeagle (it's own OEM), DiveRite, and Poseidon will sell you the OEM parts. In Zeagle's case, they don't have to go too far to get them. I'm going to order a SS 2nd stage orifice, for example, to replace a plastic one.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tzetzo
So, on the one hand we have companies that provide their official manuals but don't sell us their OEM parts.
On the other hand we have a company that sell us their OEM parts, but don't provide their official manual.

Unfortunately, to have a complete package, we need both the parts and the official manual.

This is all incorrect.

evad, please excuse my statement if some, or all of it is incorrect, BUT this is certainly the vibe that I'm getting from reading this tread.
Could you please elaborate a little bit on why all of my statement is incorrect?
I am in no way experienced in the field of reg servicing, so I could stand corrected.
But, if you provide the OEM parts freely to end users, shouldn't the manual explaining how all these parts go together (with torque specs etc.) be provided to those same divers as well? Hence the "incompleteness of the package".

And just to clarify, as has been stated earlier, this is in no way "bashing" on the HOG line.
In fact I own a HOG BP/W setup as well as a brand new HOG D1 reg. All great products.
Also, it is commendable and deserves appretiation that Chris and his HOG line have given us the heads up, that an official manual will be downloadable from the company's website in the future.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Actually, most manufactures will sell consumers OEM parts. But you will probably have to purchase them in one of the markets where consumer protection laws require such sales be accommodated. The good old USA is not one of them.

I don't get this, I believe most of Europe has laws that require the sale of parts to the consumer. but then they go overboard with the Nitrox thing with dedicated regs and special din fittings. There has to be a middle ground here somewhere.

could you please elaborate a little bit on why all of my statement is incorrect?

ok...............

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Zeagle, DiveRite, and, I think, Poseidon offer both parts and manuals, i.e., a "complete package."

What you don't know about where each companies regulators are actually manufactured is hilarious.

What you don't know about where each companies regulators are actually manufactured is hilarious.

What I don't care about where each companies regulators are manufactured is probably more hilarious. I don't care if most are manufactured by the same manufacturer; I only care that I can easilly get parts and a manual.

then why do you care so much? Unless you have an agenda you'd care to share?

I can easily download manuals for everything as well but how about you provide a link to where Zeagle allows you to download the manual on their website for non dealers?

If you don't I will be making it so you can't post in the EDGE section anymore, I have tried to be very easy going on stuff in here but this is getting beyond silly.

Regarding Zeagle not having to go too far... REALLY???? You believe that??? Your implication is wrong.
I don't need, or want, to attend a training class

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I easily downloaded a Zeagle manual.

then why do you care so much? Unless you have an agenda you'd care to share?

......................................................... To take over the world .....................................................

---------- Post added March 29th, 2012 at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was March 28th, 2012 at 02:02 PM ----------

Okay, I'm lazy; my PM response to Chris

Chris,

I LIKE what you're doing, nothing you have done "bugs" me, I respect that you didn't just quietly remove me. I had thought I was just indulging in banter. I'm really impressed by the offer to call you, but I can only imagine that you have more pressing business to attend to. I apparently have put out some wrong assumed information re Zeagle manual availability, and I have come around to appreciating your position re the manual. I will post re my incorrect assumptions as soon as I organize my thoughts (a tricky operation at best) and get used to the texture of crow. In the meantime, you can post this message if you like as I am generally predisposed to laziness.

Sincerely (no I mean it),
Dave

Chris,

You are pretty smart! You let us throw our little temper tantrum. Kick, scream and wear ourselve out! Just like kids. I still want to take the service class!

Later Mon,
Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom