Looking for Doctoring for Dummies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knavey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any good basic writeup out there that describes newbie procedures for spicing up the pictures?

Just got back from trying out my old 5050 in its new PT15 housing. Installed flash and only 1 picture came out with color at depth. Everything else is blue.

Just looking for a simple beginning site.

Thanks,

Might be a white balance problem. Here's a link to a specific article on white balancing your Olympus C5050.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/library.php

There's also a lot of other general tips/info on this site.

regards,

Sounds like strobe failure, failure to sync, strobe placement, or shot at too great a distance. Post your success and a couple of the good "blue shots" and I thing you will get a lot of good expert advice here. If anything is recoverable, our photoshoppers can help you do it.

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
Sounds like strobe failure, failure to sync, strobe placement, or shot at too great a distance. Post your success and a couple of the good "blue shots" and I thing you will get a lot of good expert advice here. If anything is recoverable, our photoshoppers can help you do it.

---Bob

Using the internal flash right now...starting off very basic and progressing slowly. Will get on later tonight and put a couple of shots up for analysis.

1. Internal flash is good to about 2 feet, therefore best for Macro shots.
2. Use Manual White balance for all non-strobe shots.
3. Use the camera on 'M' not on 'Auto'. Underwater, you have to take the photos not the camera.
4. Use 'auto focus' not 'full time auto focus'

Back
Top Bottom