Looking for divers interested in writing an article(s) about their travels!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Ebner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey fellow divers -

I am trying to put together a collection of travel locations for my business with articles from knowledgeable divers about their experiences from each location. If any passionate diver is interested in sharing their travel experiences and getting some publicity, please let me know! Anything you can offer is much appreciated.

Happy diving!
Ryan

Dive Master - Northern California

Welcome.

With hundreds of sites with a similar sounding goal what makes yours worth the redundancy that I would want to invest my time in it? Are you seeking paid writers? Regarding publicity, what is your current audience size.

Regards,
Cameron

@northernone

I'm sure you are familiar with the "Scuba Weight calculators" out there on sites like divebuddy or chochranescuba.... While those calculators are by no means an accurate way of determining the weight you need to achieve neutral buoyancy, those sites are still getting thousands of page views everyday. I've developed an IOS application that (once its released) will be the most advanced scuba weighting calculator in the world and takes into account quite a bit more factors than the other websites. From the 15+ people I've tested it with, its calculated their weight within two pounds. I am currently implementing that same calculator into a web version and I will soon be able to expand my unique visitor count exponentially. My goal is to improve my bounce rate by keeping visitors on the site for longer and keeping them interested in helpful articles and what not.

I understand there are quite a few scuba photography blogs out there, but my wish is to create a site that serves as a collection of diver experience, knowledge, and advice. Not only will it focus on one category (photography), but focus on other aspects like training, travel (tips to diving different parts of the world), beginner guide's to free diving, abalone diving, recreational diving, technical diving, etc. and quite a bit more. The site is pretty extensive and is meant to serve as your wholistic guide to diving - from purchasing your first set of equipment to traveling the world to put that equipment to use.

The reason I am not publishing the link to my website is because I am not ready for it to go public yet. It is still lacking quite a bit of content and therefore, is why I am looking for passionate divers to help me achieve my goal of launching this site successfully. While I do not have a lot of capital to pay each individual writer, I can put my web development skills to use. Many divers have a collection of photos that they wish to share with the world and I can help design/develop a website for those individuals to publish their content in exchange for a few articles written for my own site. Not only that (or if you currently have a site you wish to promote), under each article, there is an "About the Author" portion in which you can talk about yourself, and link to your own site or promote your own abilities (like being a dive instructor or underwater photographer).

Obviously, what I give you in exchange for your time and effort in putting together articles for me is negotiable and I am open to a variety of suggestions.

If this seems like something you would be interested in, please let me know and I can send along my email/skype/phone number for us to talk in more detail.

Thank you for your interest!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom