Looking for dive/travel buddy Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jac8724

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just decided i should go to thailand soon, trying to pull a trip together, thinking end of july through beginning of august. Anyone interested in going, or is already there? Im just scared to go alone! But im gonna go anyways, thinking the eastern side of islands, probably koh tao. Im open water certified, and looking to get advanced open water certified. Anyone out there with a longing to go to thailand? Or cool people already there i can meet up with? What are some good dive shops that have their own housing? Let me know! thanks!

jackie
:goldfish:

yeaaa! found someone to go with. Now the trip planning begins. Any advice? Trying to decide if we should dive the whole time, or actually go site see as well.

Hi Jackie,
It looks like I am headed to Phuket and Ko Phi Phi. I am traveling alone as well. Check out Diving Phuket - ko Phi Phi - Ko Samui - Khao Lak - Scuba diving vacation Packages Thailand Are you taking a package? If so, please share what you've found!

While I am in the "area", I am also traveling to Manila (Puerto Galera). You can check out the hotel I'm looking at: COCO Beach Island Resort This takes a bit more planning as you need to fly into Manila and transfer to the small island village (bus/car, then boat).
Maybe I'll run into you along the way!
Ellen

Hey Ellen! Looks like im going to be on the other side, Samui and Koh Tao. However, I did check out some of those package deals, and i find they are similar or more expensive than what im finding by booking individually (dives, accomidation, etc) Shop around for sure! Alot of the dive shops have their own accomidation for a discounted price as well.

Your going to have a blast, and im sorry i wont be over your way! Have fun and stay safe!

Jackie

Jackie,

Even out season you can find good days on both sides of Thailand, but in July-August the Gulf is the better place to dive. You will really like the Koh Tao dives sites this time of year.

Gulf of Thailand, May-October
Andaman, October- May

If you’re into wrecks check out Pattaya. Worth looking at for its night life if you have never been there as well. I am sure coming from Chicago you will be bit surprised. With regards to wrecks, you should be AOW as the depths can be in the 28-30m range. I will be out there August 1 with some students. If you want to meet up or need advice let me know.

As for site seeing, plan a few days in Bangkok. Booking tours locally will save you a lot of money. PM if you want more advice.

Safe diving,

Arizona

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom