Looking for Dive Shop in Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just returned from PDC yesterday (9 September 05). We dove with Divemike. They were excellent. The shop is well stocked with good equipment (we brought our own). Luis and Manual are the counter helpers (day and night) and will give you prices and/or recommendations for dive(s) or a dive package. We did ocean dives, cenotes dives and Cozumel dives. Dallas and Mario were wonderful dive masters.
The diving is wonderful; Divemike has some of the best prices in town without sacrificing safety and diver ratios. There boats are covered and you do your surface interval either in the boat or on a private beach. The only bummer is the walk out to the boat. Bring some booties for the soft rocks and you will be OK.

On that note (the walk out to the boat through the surf), it seems like every dive operation in PDC works the same way, where you have to wade out through the surf to get to the boat. I didn't see every dive op in PDC, but all of the ones I saw required that kind of entry from the shore.

Mike

True, all the PDC dive operators that I know of require a short walk out to the boat. That being said, the water is warm, the walk is very short, and heck, your going to get wet anyway!

blue springs, im from sw Mo and we just got back from playa and coz we used protec divers in playa(HIGHLY reccomend them We used Bernadette) and in Co we used eagle Ray Divers ( third time we have used them and they have NEVER failed to satisfy.
any questions
feel free to fire away
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom