Question Looking For Dive Light That Uses 5000mah Lion Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

Rat Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Little background...I have video lights that use 5000mah batteries and have several sets of these already. I am looking for a new dive light that uses the same batteries to lighten the load when traveling. I don't do cave diving and the light would primarily be used for night dives. The batteries that I have now are XTAR model 21700. I checked the XTAR site and they have one light that might work but am seeking other candidates that you would recommend.

Little background...I have video lights that use 5000mah batteries and have several sets of these already. I am looking for a new dive light that uses the same batteries to lighten the load when traveling. I don't do cave diving and the light would primarily be used for night dives. The batteries that I have now are XTAR model 21700. I checked the XTAR site and they have one light that might work but am seeking other candidates that you would recommend.
Dive Rite CX2

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like a good fit. Do you own this? How has it performed? The postings on SB are generally positive but I did read of one case where it flooded.

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like a good fit. Do you own this? How has it performed? The postings on SB are generally positive but I did read of one case where it flooded.
They're the backup or backup primary for a few of my teammates. They're a little large relative to some of the other "advertised as 1000 lumen" lights (e.g the DiveGearExpress or CaveAdventurers), but that's largely due to the 21700 cells. Service and warranty are great, and the only issue I've heard of them is the singular flood you're referencing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom